An Old School Catholic Message Board

teaspoon's worth of spit

little2add

The genealogical DNA in a teaspoon of spit contains detailed, traceable information about your kindred dating back thousands of years.  It makes you wonder what an aborted fetus actually possesses.   That tiny speck — a zygote, blastocyst, embryo, or fetus must be more than a lifeless “blob of cells”.  

Abortion is the Ultimate form of discrimination.  Just because abortion is legal does not make it right, remember slavery

DDC0385-B-1825-425-C-8570-61-ECD5529-B97

what say you?

I sent mine in a couple of weeks ago. I’m pretty sure I have an older half sister in Puerto Rico and would like to meet her. 

• 2 weeks later...
MariaTherese1

I say that you can spit all you want to make your point. I'm Catholic and pro-choice. Mind you pro CHOICE doesn't equate to advocating for abortion. I believe in preventing unwanted pregnancies. If you can tell me that Jesus didnt give us a free will/"choice" then I would change my mind. What you say??? 

Edited by MariaTherese1

On 1/31/2020 at 2:03 PM, MariaTherese1 said:

I say that you can spit all you want to make your point. I'm Catholic and pro-choice. Mind you pro CHOICE doesn't equate to advocating for abortion. I believe in preventing unwanted pregnancies. If you can tell me that Jesus didnt give us a free will/"choice" then I would change my mind. What you say??? 

You're pro freedom to own and kill human beings, is what I'd say. You're a moral wreck. What part of "all men are created equal " don't you understand? This is a self evident truth. That means no revelation from God is necessary to get it,  just basic moral decency. The most charitable thing that could be said about such people is that they are not evil or moronic, but blinded from the obvious truth by bigotry and prejudice.  So, that's you, MT. And though you may sincerely believe in magic vaginas or in magic oxygen that mystically turns mere "humans" into "people" with rights... the role of the government is to protect the innocent from your depraved, whack-a-doo religious inclinations. Public policy should be based on science not mystical Nazi beliefs about sub person hood. *Comment deleted* This fact should be drilled into the brains of pro-freedom-to-kill  females everywhere: Your orgasm is not more important. Since you are the type of "catholic" who favors the freedom to own and kill human beings, perhaps you should also be the type of "catholic" who *Comment deleted*

Edited by Ice_nine

MariaTherese1

Welcome to you, too! Ummm...I didnt read all of your obvious preconceived rant and notions of me and from your rant it sounds like you may and I say "may" have some sexual .issues going on there.

My belief is that we have a CHOICE, Jesus doesn't go around preventing anyone from doing anything against their OWN will. Or does he Lillibettt? 

BTW, I do volunteer for a crisis Center where women go for resources when they have had the baby and for whatever reasons are in turmoil due to the father leaving them or not having support from their families. These women are usually teens.

1 minute ago, MariaTherese1 said:

Welcome to you, too! Ummm...I didnt read all of your obvious preconceived rant and notions of me and from your rant it sounds like you may and I say "may" have some sexual .issues going on there.

My belief is that we have a CHOICE, Jesus doesn't go around preventing anyone from doing anything against their OWN will. Or does he Lillibettt? 

Idk MT that argument is bizarre. I don't know what to do with that. According to the catholic church true freedom is not the ability to choose evil if we want but the ability to choose what is good.

But forget religion. Of course we can abuse free will to choose to rape little boys. Some people choose to do those acts. Some sickos campaign for the "right" to do those acts (man boy love association). As of right now rape of little boys is still illegal, because the law's role is to protect the vulnerable from the "choices" of the depraved and in the case of child rape victims, it does so.

Your argument might make more sense applied to laws forbidding "victimless" crimes. Drugs for example.  

Abortion is the furthest thing from a victimless crime we've got.

23 minutes ago, MariaTherese1 said:

BTW, I do volunteer for a crisis Center where women go for resources when they have had the baby and for whatever reasons are in turmoil due to the father leaving them or not having support from their families. These women are usually teens.

Kind of gross that you're in close contact with babies that were at risk of being aborted and you look at them and think "this is why we need abortion."  Babies and young children can sense that grossness in people just so you know. 

MariaTherese1

Hmmmn... if I didnt know better, you think that your holier than thou and casting the first stone, Lilibettt. 

Not to mention, onmipptent, all-knowing, which you are not! Lol

17 minutes ago, MariaTherese1 said:

Hmmmn... if I didnt know better, you think that your holier than thou and casting the first stone, Lilibettt. 

Not to mention, onmipptent, all-knowing, which you are not! Lol

It doesn't matter what my character is MT, if what I say is true. Even a stopped watch is correct twice a day.  So if it suits you, think of me as that stopped watch. 

So either mount a cogent response to what I said, which I will then respond to, or consider that you may in fact be on the wrong side of the most grievous human rights violation of our time.

Edited by Lilllabettt

MariaTherese1

Lilibett, banning abortion will not stop it. What it causes are illegal/back alley bloody procedures. Not all women who find themselves pregnant have love and support of the father of the baby, or a family who will support them. 

What will stop these unwanted pregnancies are men taking responsibilliy and tRump & his admin. giving them the support they need. This admin. villify women and dont blink an eye.

They are even changing the laws which give men more rights in rape cases. It takes to two tango aka a male. They need the resources if you want change... things such as equal pay, childcare, and cost effective healthcare...

This administration are taking these away as we speak .they have  taken away food stamps from people barely making ends meet. I think it’s quite interesting  and hypocritical that so many supposedly righteous people want births, but once those babies are here, they could care less. about those programs such as WIC and SNAP especially this admin. stating pregnancies are a pre-existing conditions that are not covered. esp.  for single  teen women. 

Trump is not prolife for this reason, but Non Trump supporters and pro choicers, prefer truth and common sense...

I stand by my belief that all women are given the CHOICE  and FREE WIL if they make that choice it's their RIGHT to a safe procedure its between God and them, regardless of your cast the first stone condemnation of or those who have made the choice. 

1 hour ago, MariaTherese1 said:

Lilibett, banning abortion will not stop it. What it causes are illegal/back alley bloody procedures. Not all women who find themselves pregnant have love and support of the father of the baby, or a family who will support them. 

Another bizarre argument.  Should rape be legal then, since the law doesnt stop rape? Making incest illegal wont stop it so why bother???? Why have laws at all.

Making slavery illegal didn't stop it. We have slave traffickers to this day. But we went ahead and made slavery illegal because:

1. It was ethically right to restore the rights of enslaved people which had been unjustly stripped from them by bigots

2. It gave people victimized by slavers legal recourse against them

3. The force of law and the stigma, expense, and risk of breaking law dramatically disincentives slaving

My guess is you are a straight white woman MT because only someone with vast superfluous stores of privilege could fail to grasp the necessity of banning discrimination and enshrining human rights in law. 

I just can't gin up sympathy for women who are "forced" to kill their offspring under cover of darkness :clutch pearls: it's like if I said "we need gun control, if homeowners have guns then it will be more dangerous for robbers when they break in."  See how nonsensical that is? It's not a good argument.  If you decide to break into someones house, getting shot is the risk you run. I'm not worried about you.

What will stop these unwanted pregnancies are men taking responsibilliy and tRump & his admin. giving them the support they need. This admin. villify women and dont blink an eye.

They are even changing the laws which give men more rights in rape cases. It takes to two tango aka a male. 

It takes 2 to tango. Girlfriend you can't have it both ways. If you want it to be 100% your choice about whether to give birth - then you take responsibility 100% for the consequences. Don't come to society with your hand out wanting help raise to the baby - its all on you. Remember how you insisted you had the right to kill it if you wanted to?  All these females that want their precious right to kill also want paid maternity leave and child support from the baby daddy. Lol why? The baby daddy had nothing to do with your decision to have a baby. That was all you mamacita. Remember your precious right to kill? Imo the only women who deserve support are those who March for fetal rights. Prochoice females made their choice didn't they

This administration are taking these away as we speak .they have  taken away food stamps from people barely making ends meet. I think it’s quite interesting  and hypocritical that so many supposedly righteous people want births, but once those babies are here, they could care less. about those programs such as WIC and SNAP especially this admin. stating pregnancies are a pre-existing conditions that are not covered. esp.  for single  teen women. 

Trump is not prolife for this reason, but Non Trump supporters and pro choicers, prefer truth and common sense...

Blah blah blah lies.

I love to remind prochoicers who say we should "trust women" that it was women who put Trump in the White House. For Trump fetal people are just a tool to get elected. I'm not fooled by him at all. He is not even anti abortion, forget prolife. But the faux outrage of prochoice to killers over "caged kids" is rich. 

The social programs you mention are due women as a matter of justice compensating reproductive work. But they don't reduce abortions.  The abortion rate goes down every year regardless of which party is in power funding or cutting programs. Europeans, with their vast welfare states, kill 100s of thousands of unborn babies every year, in some places at a higher rate than the US.

No. Women do not need social services in order to not kill their kids. As a woman don't you find that suggestion disgusting? Like, back in Jim Crowe, white people needed economic development so they would finally quit lynching black folk? Disgusting.

No what reduces abortions is the stigma associated with exercising unjust privilege over marginalized people.  When women realize that all humans are equal and they are not "better" or more deserving than other humans - when they realize their right to consequence free penis generated orgasms doesn't trump another human's right to exist- that's what reduces abortion. Stigma, lack of access, and so on. All of which are supported by making it illegal - as was the case with slavery. 

I stand by my belief that all women are given the CHOICE  and FREE WIL if they make that choice it's their RIGHT to a safe procedure its between God and them, regardless of your cast the first stone condemnation of or those who have made the choice. 

More nonsense. Your beliefs don't matter. Get your bigoted beliefs off the us constitution, thanks! You don't have a right to a safe murder.  Sorry. Taking a human life is risky, don't feel bad for you.  Your decision to oppress the poor is my business. If you have a "personal relationship" with an invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky who okays your denying human rights to others that's fine, but the law shouldn't revolve around your depraved religious ideas. P.s. my mom had an abortion.  I don't have any interest in abortionists going to hell. Going to jail on the other hand ....

4 hours ago, MariaTherese1 said:

I stand by my belief that pre-born humans are Divine.  The abortion of a healthy human fetus is murder, plain and simple. 

All  human life is divine...

MariaTherese1

God freely created everything that exists. He did not create us to be robots and slaves to him. Part of being made in God’s image is that we have a  very real freedom, which we need to use wisely as there are consequences.

You're an extremist who only sees in black and white. You dump the sole responsibility on the woman and to heck to the men and their behavior!  You lump women innit just for the orgasm. You sound like those loonies who also blame the woman when they get raped! That's pathetic!

You also dont advocate for education and social programs for women. With your line of thinking women should just live in the dark ages. again pathetic.

You sound like one of those Republican loonies that blame the woman for men raping them. As we speak this admin are rewriting the language which strips women of their rights in domestic abuse and rape. pathetic

As a Catholic, you should know men need to treat their partners with respect and. even with holding their desires if need be. Yes, it takes two to tango and both should be held just as responsible 

FYI, imputability and responsibility for an action can be diminished or even nullified by ignorance, inadvertence, duress, fear, habit, inordinate attachments, and other psychological or social factors. as written in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. 1735.

This matter is between God and them. You are free to your opinion and belief, just as I am.

Jail time? Who made you judge and jury, but yourself. Lol! 

3 hours ago, MariaTherese1 said:

it takes two to tango and both should be held just as responsible 

Correct

Have you ever heard of ‘child support”?  Men are responsible too!

This is why it is important to refrain from sexual relations until one is married.   Or in other words “being responsible adults...”