An Old School Catholic Message Board

2020 Entrances, Vows, Ordinations

Luigi

2 first professions and 1 investiture at the foundation of the Benedictines of Mary in Ava, MO. 

Pictures can be seen at their website here:

https://benedictinesofmary.org/node/2309

This gives them a total of 2 solemn professions, 4 first professions, and 7 investitures in 1 year!

Edited by PaxCordisJesu

A new postulant for the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  

A new postulant for the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  

Meanwhile the Sisters, Servants of the Eternal Word handled the choral duties for a 1st profession celebration for the Leaven of the Immaculate Heart of Mary sisters (never heard of them before...) https://sisterservants.org/media/blog/lihm-sisters-profession/

Sorry about the double, thing. 

Also the Alton Franciscans (Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George) with new novices, professions, etc: https://altonfranciscans.org/feastday

New postulants and novices for the Marian Sisters of the Diocese of Lincoln. 

A new novice for the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, who haven't had one in a while. They seem to be getting back on their feet after the death of their foundress. I love their work of providing retreat and respite, so badly needed in the world. I could see myself doing something like that when I was younger. https://sisterservants.org/media/blog/allow-us-to-introduce/

Edited by DameAgnes

I wonder why the sisters themselves do not give the retreats, as do the Religious of the Cenacle, for example, who have been doing so since the 19th century....

PaxCordisJesu

Just found these recent pictures of the Benedictines of St. Cecilia's Abbey, UK. They belong to the Congregation of Solesmes. In the picture, they have two novices (or maybe one's a junior professed?) and four postulants. Two entered this year, and the other two I believe are about to receive the habit this month. I will let you know when they do!

https://www.stceciliasabbey.org.uk/site.php?menuaccess=43

On 9/29/2020 at 10:53 AM, Nunsuch said:

I wonder why the sisters themselves do not give the retreats, as do the Religious of the Cenacle, for example, who have been doing so since the 19th century....

They seem only to have priests leading their retreats, although they do involve themselves with catechesis, as the Cenacle sisters did. Sadly, the rc's are very reduced in number and don't do many retreats themselves, any longer, relying on priests, deacons, other religious and even lay folk to help with that ministry. 

6 hours ago, DameAgnes said:

They seem only to have priests leading their retreats, although they do involve themselves with catechesis, as the Cenacle sisters did. Sadly, the rc's are very reduced in number and don't do many retreats themselves, any longer, relying on priests, deacons, other religious and even lay folk to help with that ministry. 

Well, there are many "lay" retreat directors who are highly trained and certainly qualified. I just wonder why a community that has retreats as one of its main ministries doesn't train its own members to do retreats and spiritual direction. 

Well, I never said the lay directors would not be highly qualified, only what was going on with the Cenacle sisters. For these sisters, I would imagine it's some sort of deference to priests? Or, perhaps, a way to insure that there is always a priest available for confessions and Masses during retreats? I imagine if one asked, one would find out! :-) 

The Little Rock Carmel has clothed two novices recently and Covington Carmel had a first profession in September. The Port Tobacco Carmel had a solemn profession in August, the Alhambra Carmel had a new postulant in September, and the Loretto Carmel had a new postulant in August!

• 5 weeks later...
PaxCordisJesu

Benedictines of St. Cecilia's Abbey: Postulant Undine received the Benedictine habit on Oct. 7, and received the name Sr. Caecilia. Her fellow postulant, Rachel, will receive the habit and a new name on Nov. 30. An aspirant, Daphne, is entering on Dec. 1. 

Carmelites of the Heart of Jesus, MO: Postulants Emma and Jordan received the habit and their new names on July 1. Emma is now Sr. Marianna Joy and Jordan is Sr. Mary Magdalene Therese. 

The Poor Clares in Arundel have two novices and a postulant. All three joined since 2018. FYI also, The community released a beautiful CD called Light for the World recently. They are a lovely group and worth checking out.