An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Next - giving the Presidential Medal of Freedom to David Duke?

Screenshot_20200205-120140~2.png

Screenshot_20200205-120607~2.png

"If any race of people should not have guilt about slavery, its Caucasians." - Rush Limbaugh.

"The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it." -Rush Limbaugh

Screenshot_20200205-121034~2.png

Screenshot_20200205-121744~2.png

Edited by Guest

dominicansoul

I think it was partially sentimental reasoning to give it to Rush, he's dying of lung cancer. 

Presidents give these awards out like candy to the people who have supported them with $$$$$$ and loyalty over the years.  I would rather they not have these kinds of things because the integrity of the award goes out the window, they are partisan and political.... 

Hussein, for example, gave out the most, mostly to his Hollywood celebrity pals and political pals...

On 2/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, dominicansoul said:

Hussein, for example, gave out the most, mostly to his Hollywood celebrity pals and political pals...

Why do you insist on these back-handed insults, e.g. calling Barack Obama "Hussein," yes I know it's his middle name but if you want to ever come off as not completely biased it's not a good look.

18 hours ago, Ice_nine said:

Why do you insist on these back-handed insults, e.g. calling Barack Obama "Hussein," yes I know it's his middle name but if you want to ever come off as not completely biased it's not a good look.

Also seems like there is tinge of racism or xenophobia to people who do that. If it were a common Western European name like "Steven" or whatever would anyone do that? People seem to like to use the name to imply that he is anti-American because he has a middle eastern name.

It's pretty sad.

dominicansoul

Why do people insists on being offended over absolutely nothing?  Lol.  I like using his middle name.  It’s certainly a lot smoother sounding than “barrack.” Barrack sounds like a belching sound... 

On 2/9/2020 at 1:15 AM, dominicansoul said:

Why do people insists on being offended over absolutely nothing?  Lol.  I like using his middle name.  It’s certainly a lot smoother sounding than “barrack.” Barrack sounds like a belching sound... 

I call BS. You know perfectly well that people mean to be disrespectful when they call him by his middle name. It ain't got a thing with it being easier to pronounce.

Or as I would fondly say to my younger brother: N!gg@ Please!

Have a nice day though.

The simplest step in restoring civility in public discourse is to refer to people by using standard terms of address and naming conventions. For public figures, that's Title-Surname, for instance Mayor Brown, Governor Black, Judge White, General Gray, or President Green. That applies to clerical offices as well - Pope Francis, Cardinal Johnson, Bishop Jackson, Monsignor Jamieson, Father Robertson, Mother Peter, Sister Paul, or Brother Matthews.  

Referring to people one has never met by using a nickname or an epithet is disrespectful. Calling them what they prefer, and what society dictates, is the minimal level of respect they deserve. We don't have to like everyone, and we don't have to agree with everyone. But we ought to extend a modicum of respect. It's the least we can do, it's easy, and it doesn't cost a dime. 

On 2/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, dominicansoul said:

Hussein

Why not President Obama or former President Obama?

when your thread was first posted I did not make the connection to your “Hussein” reference

using president Obamas middle name is rude

I think you should give credit where credit is due. 

dominicansoul

I don't mean it to be rude.   

Sorry, guys, but this is a free country.  I know we've been steeped for decades in eradicating people's simplest freedoms, one being freedom of speech. I can call him whatever I want.  Y'all have the freedom to get bent over it, too.  I really don't care.  

On 2/10/2020 at 5:35 PM, Ice_nine said:

Yeah I'm not about to waste a whole bunch of energy on this.

ditto

On 2/10/2020 at 9:34 PM, Peace said:

I call BS. You know perfectly well that people mean to be disrespectful when they call him by his middle name. It ain't got a thing with it being easier to pronounce.

Or as I would fondly say to my younger brother: N!gg@ Please!

Have a nice day though.

I don't care lol

What people mean and what i mean can be totally different, in this case it is.  Go police someone else's speech.   

Edited by dominicansoul
lol