An Old School Catholic Message Board

Did I sin?

tinytherese

tinytherese

I'm doing an internship at a free health clinic. One task I've been working on is typing in contact information from business cards and other pieces of paper into a database. At one point I came across a business card for a woman who works at Planned Parenthood. I entered in her contact information thinking, "What am I supposed to do, tell them that it's against my conscience to do this? Am I supposed to just hand the business card to someone else to type it in and then sit back down to finish the rest? What would even be the point? I don't eve know what this is for." 

Personally, I would not worry about it, TT.  You did nothing deliberately knowing it was wrong.  I heard somewhere that if you don't know something is a sin or not, then it probably is not a sin for you. What I would do, since you are working for a free health clinic is ask your employer about your requirements since you are a Catholic (re birth control and euthanasia, abortion, which come immediately to mind)

If you have any doubts, speak to a priest.

Lilllabettt

As far as you know, the company might want her contact info to invite her to a debate. Or to recruit her to a new job away from PP. Having pp's contact info is morally neutral. 

14 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

As far as you know, the company might want her contact info to invite her to a debate. Or to recruit her to a new job away from PP. Having pp's contact info is morally neutral. 

yeah.. that's close enough to a correct answer..  ;)