An Old School Catholic Message Board

Covid-19

little2add

I did not know what “planned parenthood” was. I thought it was about the usage of various contraceptives (which the Orthodox Church allows, only non-abortive and for a good reason). I googled and saw their website. I must say I was stunned to see the first and the most prominent thing, something like “find abortion clinic in my area”. Not contraceptives but abortions.

13 hours ago, Anastasia said:

I did not know what “planned parenthood” was. I thought it was about the usage of various contraceptives (which the Orthodox Church allows, only non-abortive and for a good reason). I googled and saw their website. I must say I was stunned to see the first and the most prominent thing, something like “find abortion clinic in my area”. Not contraceptives but abortions.

Yes - In the US, we've been struggling against this 1977 when the Supreme Court (not elective representatives) made abortion legal. And since then, any number of countries have followed in the footsteps of the US.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
little2add

50,000 new cases in the US in just one day, today 

Edited by little2add

• 2 weeks later...

Italy predicts 10,000 fewer births after pandemic

Italy is likely to see a significant decline in the number of babies born in the period following the coronavirus pandemic, the country’s national statistics institute has said.

D257-D239-3-BBE-4537-AEA7-7-A199-DFE71-A