An Old School Catholic Message Board

NEW: Apostolic Thumb Blog...

Poor Friars

Poor Friars

Peace and good to you all!

We hope you are all well in these days where Corona virus precautions have most of us at home, unable to go out to evangelize. Graced with the opportunity to evangelize on-line, if there is anyone out there that you know with a Carmelite-Franciscan spirituality, you may want to share with them our NEW poorfriars.org blog/website that we recently published with the Sub-title "Apostolic Thumb" showcasing our charism and lifestyle (that also includes hitchhiking).  

(click on the image to open up the poorfriars.org homepage:)
Apostolic%20Thumb%20Poor%20Friars.png

God bless you and best wishes of Holiness!
- the Poor Friars and Nuns.

Edited by Poor Friars

8 minutes ago, Poor Friars said:

The original alfresco: Pietro Lorenzetti , Madonna dei Tramonti, Lower Basilica, Assisi.

Just curious if you know the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother?  They are an OFS Congregation with a Carmelite touch to their spirituality. 

And hitchhiking is one of my fave exercises in trusting Gods plans, because I usually need it to get to retreats after public transport fails :D 

Poor Friars
5 hours ago, Lea said:

Just curious if you know the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother?  They are an OFS Congregation with a Carmelite touch to their spirituality. 

And hitchhiking is one of my fave exercises in trusting Gods plans, because I usually need it to get to retreats after public transport fails :D 

I asked our American sisters who had done some vocational research prior to joining our community and none of the these 3 nuns of ours are familiar with them.

Yes, hitchhiking is truelly one of the greatest ways to experience God's divine providence at work in one's life. Of course, none of our nuns hitchhike alone. There is always a brother to accompany them (and always in 3; that is - 1 nun and 2 friars, or 2 nuns and 1 friar).  

7 hours ago, Lea said:

There are actually 2 congregations (both Franciscan) by that name in the US. The older, international one was founded in Italy in 1883. They have been in the US for over a century, with a primary focus on health care.

2 minutes ago, Nunsuch said:

There are actually 2 congregations (both Franciscan) by that name in the US. The older, international one was founded in Italy in 1883. They have been in the US for over a century, with a primary focus on health care.

Thank you! :) 

1 hour ago, Poor Friars said:

I asked our American sisters who had done some vocational research prior to joining our community and none of the these 3 nuns of ours are familiar with them.

I mean those sisters https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisters_of_the_Sorrowful_Mother 

Last year I spend one semester with them as a volunteer in Vienna/ Austria. 

Poor Friars

It is wonderful to see so many new communities growing and flowering in the Church today!

• 2 weeks later...