An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is praying for height a legitimate practice.

Count Claydus

Count Claydus

My dad is 6’2’’ and my mom is 5’4’’. I’m 5’7.5’’ and 17. Is it acceptable to pray for a few more inches? 

It can't hurt, and it might help. 

If it's not acceptable, God probably won't answer that prayer. 

And don't let height be the only thing you pray for, or about. 

I think God wants to hear all our petitions no matter how small they seem to us.  In fact, the smaller and say unworthy we feel the prayer might be, the more The Lord loves to hear from us - it witneses that His Heart and Loving Caring is closed to no person and not for any reason whatsoever....and a vitally important witness..

i.e. I am the weak and useless servant with a very small request in the big picture of world troubles especially in my day, but I trust You and know You Care and Love me the more for my littleness and request that makes me blush to ask it. 

The Humility of God can blow you right over.  God bless your own humility, Count Claydus, reflecting His Own Heart.  I hope The Good Lord will favourably hear your prayer.  And He will, but perhaps the response might not be the one you are hoping for.  It will be a blessing on you and us all nonetheless.  God always acts in the interests of the salvation of all mankind.

A good read (heavy going in places!) : https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/221103.The_Humility_of_God

."Here as in her previous work, Sister Ilia builds on her outstanding command of the scholarship about the work of Bonaventure which has developed so remarkably in the twentieth century. Together with this she brings her personal knowledge and experience of contemporary scientific understandings of the cosmos. In a style that is preeminently readable, she offers insights into issues and problems that are widespread in the present period of Christian history. Sister Ilia has taken on these monumental issues and has opened insights, which can be helpful to many who take their Christian faith seriously."—from the Preface by Zachary Hayes, O.F.M.

The Humility of God: A Franciscan Perspective is the first extensive treatment of a Franciscan theology of divine humility. Through the lens of St. Bonaventure's theology, Ilia Delio searches for God today "in a fast-paced, scientific world that in many ways views God as an unnecessary hypothesis." Using Bonaventure's Christ-centered mysticism, Ilia Delio illustrates God's humility and his relationship to the world, while at the same time tackling these tough questions: How can a God of love exist in such a time of turmoil and suffering? How can a well-educated Christian reconcile contemporary science with the central symbols of his or her faith?

Edited by BarbaraTherese