An Old School Catholic Message Board

Social distancing and the hermit vocation

LoveZoe11

May Peace fill your heart in this trying time.

Like many of us, God willing, I have been spending my time in quarantine in deep prayer, dwelling in the desert of the soul. I offer up daily reparations for a cure for Covid 19.

I have also been contemplating my own vocation in life and I believe our Lord might be calling me to the eremitic or hermit life. I know that the hermit vocation is a rare one and most who undertake it are much older then my thirty one years. However, I feel a deep call to contemplation and solitude. If possible I would have loved to discern a Carmelite vocation, but health and financial challenges make that an impossibility at this time.

As I consider the hermit way of life peace fills my soul. I will hopefully be able to meet with a spiritual director after quarantine to get a better perspective on what my next steps should be.

I know right now I am spiritually fulfilled with my relationship with our Lord. He completes me. I seek his face daily and would do anything for him.

I pray everyone else's discernment journey is blessed and please let me know if I can pray for any of your intentions

Zoe

Edited by LoveZoe11
Spelling

Sponsa-Christi

Just a thought, but you might want to check out the Hermits of St. Mary of Carmel: https://cloisteredlife.com/directory/houston I know them personally, but like true hermits they haven't quite gotten the knack for "advertising" themselves. 

They are technically a religious community, but they live a very eremitical way of life. Obviously, they also have a Carmelite spirituality! As far as I know, I think they would also be open to discerning with women who have manageable health problems on an individual, case-by-case basis.