An Old School Catholic Message Board

Biden Is KKK

Just wanted to post how racist and idiotic his comments were today. I've been accused here of being a Democrat because of my criticism of Trump's racism. That I'm only criticising him because he's Republican and I don't criticize Democrats racism. Not the case. I'm not Democrat or Republican. I think both parties are a joke. I've called out Trump continuously because of how latched onto by Catholics and Christians he is. This election will be just as depressing as the last one. No idea how these are the two choices we have to choose from.

Edited by Guest

It was a stupid and ignorant thing to say, and he's said some stupid and ignorant things before as well.  However, IMO it is worth a bit of restraint on how much one criticizes him and how one categorizes him--I think it's important to distinguish genuinely ignorant racially insensitive remarks from hateful ones.  I've never seen any evidence of him being hateful, and apart from the complicated debate over the bussing situation (which IS a complicated debate no matter which side you fall on), he doesn't seem to have policies that are against the African American community.  which means any bit of ignorance or insensitivity is best approached with an attempt to correct him rather than condemn him (ie, we should reserve outright condemnations for people who actually express hatred, white supremacy, racial segregation or racial hatred, or policies that are against the African American community that seem targeted by racial animus ) .  now, can you teach an old dog new tricks (especially if he might have declining mental capacity?)  maybe not, but I do try to avoid the framing of political mudslingers in evaluating these things.

To me this latest statement is clearly reflective of his gaffe-ridden political maneuvering getting the better of him.  It's not an uncommon opinion that black people should vote for absolutely anyone the democrats put up just to get rid of Trump, with the argument that it's in their collective best interest.  the way he said this was ridiculous and outright wrong, but it expresses a strategy and opinion that's pretty much common wisdom in the democratic party and generally in much of the politically active African American community aside from some niche exceptions and Kanye West, lol.  African Americans who do not commit to voting for democrats are often framed as betrayers, uncle toms, sell-outs, etc.  Biden idiotically tried to capitalize on that sentiment in the worst possible way.

With him still debating and deciding on who his VP is, it will be interesting if the backlash over this gaffe sways him to choosing someone like Stacey Abrams.  although it's possible he was going to pick her anyway.  we'll see.

Norseman82
12 hours ago, Delivery said:

Just wanted to post how racist and idiotic his comments were today.

Which comment?  There are so many idiotic ones to choose from. 

Edited by Norseman82

little2add

Planned parenthood is the KKK

until the last election cycle Joe Biden supported the Hyde amendment.  

not anymore

Joe reversed course and now advocates The democratic platform regarding abortion  
80-DEEE1-C-583-E-48-CE-9829-236096-C9-B0

"But political experts and education policy researchers say Biden, a supporter of civil rights in other arenas, did not simply compromise with segregationists — he also led the charge on an issue that kept black students away from the classrooms of white students. His legislative work against school integration advanced a more palatable version of the “separate but equal” doctrine and undermined the nation’s short-lived effort at educational equality, legislative and education history experts say."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1021626

https://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/147640-trump-is-kkk/

7 hours ago, Norseman82 said:

Which comment?  There are so many idiotic ones to choose from. 

12 hours ago, Aloysius said:

and apart from the complicated debate over the bussing situation (which IS a complicated debate no matter which side you fall on),

Why do you feel it was complicated?

From a black commentator on Facebook:

"Biden wrote the 94 Crime Bill which imprisoned & killed millions of black people over the decades while increasing police forces across amerikkka, worse than anything trump ever did in office and he's just as trash too."

Edited by Guest

Lilllabettt
1 hour ago, Delivery said:

Why do you feel it was complicated?

"Biden wrote the 94 Crime Bill which imprisoned & killed millions of black people over the decades while increasing police forces across amerikkka, worse than anything trump ever did in office and he's just as trash too."

I love mass incarceration. 

The 1990s in America was apocalypse now. It was clockwork orange ultraviolence in this country. It was like Quentin Tarantino was directing the nightly news.

Today we have more guns on the street, more economic inequality and... violent crime is at an all time low.

You can thank mass incarceration.  It's not a coincidence that crime plummeted after all those tough on crime measures of the 1990s.  People that would have been out doing violence in our society were instead locked up and unable to rape, murder, rob, assault, get kids in the neighborhood hooked on drugs and initiated in gangs and so on. 

Here in Chicago we don't like prosecuting crimes. Innocent people are gunned down fairly regularly.  9 times out of 10 the shooter is an individual who simply doesn't belong in our society; someone with a long rap sheet including a few felonies. Idk why we have to trade innocent lives for the freedom of people who decide, repeatedly, that they don't want to play by the rules.  No one can explain it to me. 

Mass incarceration isn't real popular currently. Eventually it will be again ... just a bunch of people got to die first. 

14 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

I love mass incarceration. 

The 1990s in America was apocalypse now. It was clockwork orange ultraviolence in this country. It was like Quentin Tarantino was directing the nightly news.

Today we have more guns on the street, more economic inequality and... violent crime is at an all time low.

You can thank mass incarceration.  It's not a coincidence that crime plummeted after all those tough on crime measures of the 1990s.  People that would have been out doing violence in our society were instead locked up and unable to rape, murder, rob, assault, get kids in the neighborhood hooked on drugs and initiated in gangs and so on. 

Here in Chicago we don't like prosecuting crimes. Innocent people are gunned down fairly regularly.  9 times out of 10 the shooter is an individual who simply doesn't belong in our society; someone with a long rap sheet including a few felonies. Idk why we have to trade innocent lives for the freedom of people who decide, repeatedly, that they don't want to play by the rules.  No one can explain it to me. 

Mass incarceration isn't real popular currently. Eventually it will be again ... just a bunch of people got to die first. 

Thanks for the counterpoints. Something to think about. I like most people hate violence. 

I'm sure we could agree on mass incarceration for something stupid like marijuana is a bad idea right? That affected minorities at a high rate. No idea if Biden had anything to do with that. I know Catholic Bishops have been a strong proponent against the decriminalization of it. Pope Francis also spoke against it. Which I never understood since God called the plant very good on the first page of the Bible.

2 hours ago, Delivery said:

I think this argument was tying into the 3 strike law and how it was unjustly applied in a lot of cases. I'd have to go back and read what she was saying. 

Edited by Guest

Lilllabettt
3 hours ago, Delivery said:

Thanks for the counterpoints. Something to think about. I like most people hate violence. 

I'm sure we could agree on mass incarceration for something stupid like marijuana is a bad idea right? That affected minorities at a high rate. No idea if Biden had anything to do with that. I know Catholic Bishops have been a strong proponent against the decriminalization of it. Pope Francis also spoke against it. Which I never understood since God called the plant very good on the first page of the Bible.

I think this argument was tying into the 3 strike law and how it was unjustly applied in a lot of cases. I'd have to go back and read what she was saying. 

I can understand outrage at people doing 10-25 for something that is now a ticket or in many places completely legal.  However, there was a just law, a stupid law perhaps but not unjust, and they broke it. It's an antisocial act. This thing called civilization doesn't work if we have these antisocial actors running around. Should anyone get 10-25 for posession of a hit or 2 of marijuana or any drug in fact, probably not. But I have zero sympathy for drug dealers. Plenty of poor people make a way in the world without dealing dope. 

53 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

However, there was a just law, a stupid law perhaps but not unjust, and they broke it.

I'm not sure it was just. Actually I'm convinced it wasn't. For one God called it good on the first page of the Bible. I guess I could agree with the logic we don't use the Bible to define laws (if that argument was being made) and what is allowed and not allowed. Although we swear on a Bible in court. And claim to be one nation under God. So with that logic I think we do go by what the Bible says. I'm not an expert on this topic obviously. Like most topics. So I'm probably confused to what degree we use the Bible to set law or if we do at all.

But I have zero sympathy for drug dealers.

TBH I don't either. It's crazy a bunch of rich white guys get to sell marijuana now though. To me it's obvious arresting and putting people in jail for marijuana has always been wrong and evil. Just like slavery was evil and will never be able to be justified. You can argue and debate about the other drugs. To me marijuana is the obvious slam dunk though. There's not even a debate. You can move to a more debatble drug like crack. It's been proven the government put crack in the ghetto and ruined the life of people there. I'm not surprised. The government also considers abortion a just law. 60 million dead babies later we're still at it.

Not sure what happened here but it won't let me delete the empty quote.

Also sorry for getting off topic. There's not as much material for the Biden is KKK thread as there was for the Trump one. Although I will update when I find stuff.

I think the crime bill of the '90s was overkill and disproportionately affected the black community, I'm pretty libertarian on such things and especially when it comes to drug crimes I think it's totally misguided and wrong (dealing with violent crimes harshly is another story, and it's possible a harsh stance in the 90's was good in some ways.  it's an interesting phenomenon to see the decline of violence in America from its heights, it definitely coincides with harsher prison sentences but it also coincides with socioeconomic improvements and the removal of lead from gasoline, there's definitely a lot of debate about the causes)... HOWEVER, its biggest architects and champions were the leaders of African American communities themselves who were trying to get their neighborhoods cleaned up from crime and demanding that the government do something.  re-writing history to claim that white politicians who supported it were racist is clearly something people in the present day are using against their political opponents.  if you go back you'll see the biggest champions of that bill were African American community leaders who were saying crack was ruining their neighborhoods and their families.  incidentally, that's probably the main reason crack has such a higher prison sentence than cocaine--because there was a movement from African American leaders demanding that it be harshly dealt with.

all that said, I do agree that we need criminal justice reform now to reverse some of the excesses of the 90's tough on crime mentality.  but there's a balance that needs to be struck, especially being careful not to be too lenient on violent crime.

the school busing issue is complicated because while racial segregation enforced by the state was a great evil, you are now starting to touch on the rights of parents to have their children educated when and where they wish--particularly in their own home community.  When it comes to Jim Crow policy-based segregation, that needed to be eradicated, but then how far do you go to remove the local-community aspect of a school?  And especially in the programs that were two-way busing (not just busing African Americans into white neighborhood schools but also doing it vice-versa), you're talking about forcibly telling parents their children are not allowed to attend their local community school but will be bused to one usually in a poorer neighborhood that's less well funded.  there are complicated issues there.  I think they definitely needed to fight against school segregation and in favor of integration in a way that was aimed at fair and impartial districting of the public school system where kids still just go to the school that is in their own community (although I would support optional programs allowing kids in poorer communities to go to schools in richer communities).  yes, that would leave a bit of a status quo segregation because communities themselves are a bit segregated, but that's a separate issue IMO, you don't necessarily solve that by forcing some parents to have their kids bused to schools outside of their own community.

I think a lot of the one-way busing programs were good and important, the two way ones begin to be a bit muddy but maybe in some locations they were valid answers based on an unfair jim crow system of districting that needed to be corrected.  Biden argues he was against a federally mandated one size fits all busing program, arguing that the feds should only intervene to stop unfair policy-based segregation, but that if a fair and impartial school district is drawn up, the feds have no business enforcing that people be bused to schools outside their own community.  Is he right or wrong about that?  Well whether he's right or wrong, it is complicated.  there is something to be said for it, because two-way bussing programs are blatantly violating the rights of parents whose kids might be bused out of their community for school against their parents' wishes, but also because one-way busing programs could end up becoming a brain drain on the local community school of a poorer neighborhood, helping some escape the cycle of poverty there while leaving the cycle of poverty in tact.  many people have argued that the solution is reforming the way schools are funded so that poorer neighborhoods have access to better education, rather than just sending away a select few to get better opportunities while leaving the broken system in place for the rest.

(btw I don't support Biden, just throwing out here that some of these criticisms are a bit more nuanced than people make them out to be.  as I said, I think that busing is a complicated issue, no matter what side you're on, but it's a complicated issue many people want to simplify and use as a political tool)

1 hour ago, Aloysius said:

but it also coincides with socioeconomic improvements and the removal of lead from gasoline

Crazy. I just googled and read about it. I had never even heard of this. Scary how little I know. Wow.

HOWEVER, its biggest architects and champions were the leaders of African American communities themselves who were trying to get their neighborhoods cleaned up from crime and demanding that the government do something.  re-writing history to claim that white politicians who supported it were racist is clearly something people in the present day are using against their political opponents.  if you go back you'll see the biggest champions of that bill were African American community leaders who were saying crack was ruining their neighborhoods and their families.  incidentally, that's probably the main reason crack has such a higher prison sentence than cocaine--because there was a movement from African American leaders demanding that it be harshly dealt with

Interesting. I don't blame them for wanting it out of their communities. A very evil drug. What's frightening to me is the governments hand in making it available to these communities.

all that said, I do agree that we need criminal justice reform now to reverse some of the excesses of the 90's tough on crime mentality.  but there's a balance that needs to be struck, especially being careful not to be too lenient on violent crime.

Agreed. 

the school busing issue is complicated because while racial segregation enforced by the state was a great evil, you are now starting to touch on the rights of parents to have their children educated when and where they wish--particularly in their own home community.  When it comes to Jim Crow policy-based segregation, that needed to be eradicated, but then how far do you go to remove the local-community aspect of a school?  And especially in the programs that were two-way busing (not just busing African Americans into white neighborhood schools but also doing it vice-versa), you're talking about forcibly telling parents their children are not allowed to attend their local community school but will be bused to one usually in a poorer neighborhood that's less well funded.  there are complicated issues there.  I think they definitely needed to fight against school segregation and in favor of integration in a way that was aimed at fair and impartial districting of the public school system where kids still just go to the school that is in their own community (although I would support optional programs allowing kids in poorer communities to go to schools in richer communities).  yes, that would leave a bit of a status quo segregation because communities themselves are a bit segregated, but that's a separate issue IMO, you don't necessarily solve that by forcing some parents to have their kids bused to schools outside of their own community.

I think a lot of the one-way busing programs were good and important, the two way ones begin to be a bit muddy but maybe in some locations they were valid answers based on an unfair jim crow system of districting that needed to be corrected.  Biden argues he was against a federally mandated one size fits all busing program, arguing that the feds should only intervene to stop unfair policy-based segregation, but that if a fair and impartial school district is drawn up, the feds have no business enforcing that people be bused to schools outside their own community.  Is he right or wrong about that?  Well whether he's right or wrong, it is complicated.  there is something to be said for it, because two-way bussing programs are blatantly violating the rights of parents whose kids might be bused out of their community for school against their parents' wishes, but also because one-way busing programs could end up becoming a brain drain on the local community school of a poorer neighborhood, helping some escape the cycle of poverty there while leaving the cycle of poverty in tact.  many people have argued that the solution is reforming the way schools are funded so that poorer neighborhoods have access to better education, rather than just sending away a select few to get better opportunities while leaving the broken system in place for the rest.

Another topic I didn't understand completely. Thanks for explaining it more in-depth. I'm still confused a bit. Initially I thought it was just about black and white kids riding the bus together. I see there's more to it then that. How we ever got in this situation in the first place will always be a mystery to me. Pure hate is the logical answer. And tribalism. It still doesn't make sense. Especially when the people who have championed the hate in the past have claimed to be Christians and loved Jesus. It makes a person second guess Christianity and if all it ever was was a political power scheme. I don't think it was. When I study the Bible I don't come to that conclusion. There are things on this topic Bible related that make me pause. Even words ascribed to Jesus himself. But when it's all said it done I easily come to the conclusion Jesus is God and was perfect. And that we are all created equal in his eyes.

btw I don't support Biden, just throwing out here that some of these criticisms are a bit more nuanced than people make them out to be.  

I'm depressed Biden is the nominee. Another 4 years of Trump could be more disastrous then people will admit or think about. There's a reason all the Republicans opposed his nomination. It was for legit reasons. Not just deepstate conspiracy theories. Even if their is truth to some of that. Everything is all good until we are in a nuclear war because a psychotic reality TV star became unhinged. But even before Bidens racist comments it's clear he's not fit to be President. Listening to him speak compared to Trump is night and day. Trump is coherent. And again I personally think Trump is psychotic. That's not a cheap shot. Respectable people who are diagnosed bipolar say Trump has all the symptoms and should be on meds. 

Edited by Guest

31 minutes ago, Delivery said:

then people

than

31 minutes ago, Delivery said:

Even if their is truth

there

38 minutes ago, Delivery said:

What's frightening to me is the governments hand in making it available to these communities

* was the governments hand in making it available to these communities

little2add

telling anyone who they must vote for, based on their skin color Is extremely arrogant, condescending and discriminatory.

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

830-CA6-C3-7-D4-C-4-AA2-A086-3573160-FFD