An Old School Catholic Message Board

Biden Is KKK

On 6/6/2020 at 11:15 PM, Luigi said:

If you expect justice to come out of the courts, you need to adjust your expectations. I refuse to call it "the justice system" because that's as misnomer. I call it the court system, or the legal system, but never the justice system. 

Yes, I do expect justice to come out of the courts.  I am often disappointed but rarely surprised when it doesn’t mete out justice.  It’s not perfect, needs significant improvements, but it’s better than anarchy and mob justice.  

We love to spend ten minutes reading about a case and making a call on a trial that may have taken days or weeks to present to a jury.   It’s fun, but it’s ignorant. 

The principles of the system assumes that both Chauvin and Floyd are INNOCENT, until proven guilty after a measured and deliberate trial.  It’s that principle that needs to be protected and why the death of Floyd is so egregious, even if Floyd had just shot the store clerk in the face.  

Not all black people are thugs, even if many are.   Not all white cops racist, even if many are.  Not all thuggish, brutal, abusive cops are racist, even if some are.  

In this case, I doubt Chauvin was acting in racist bias in this particular case.   I do believe that he is probably a brutal and bad thug cop, and that it’s a bit of a blessing that it’s been turned into mostly a race thing because it’s turned a spotlight onto what seems to be a systemic problem of police brutality against all races, particularly in Minneapolis.

Outside of the political extremists that are pursuing their own agendas, for the most protestors, it’s about a demand that EVERYONE get treated the SAME, under the principle we all have the right to be presumed innocent and a chance to defend ourselves in court, not have to defend ourselves in the streets FROM police.  That’s why you have police supporting some protesters.  They support improvements on our legal systems, not destruction (as opposed to extremists that either say nothing is wrong or the entire system must be dismantled).

13 hours ago, Anomaly said:

principles of the system assumes that both Chauvin and Floyd are INNOCENT,

Chauvin is guilty as Sin and no one, no one thinks otherwise 

He (chauvin) is Indefensible

the judge and the jury are supposed to presume him innocent.

the prosecutor must believe he is guilty.  in fact, if the prosecutor does not believe him to be guilty, then he is ethically obligated not to prosecute him.  so yes, the prosecution must strategically try to get him convicted of the highest charge they think he's guilty of and which they think they can prove.  it's an adversarial system.

everyone is entitled to a defense, and we could also talk about the strategic game the defense needs to play.  strategically, he's not indefensible, the levels of fentanyl and meth in his blood along with the first autopsy can form an argument for reasonable doubt, I think ultimately the counterargument that keeping his knee on his neck even after he was unresponsive clearly shows a lethal action will probably win over the jury.  anyway, a defense lawyer doesn't have to believe his client is innocent, although he can't knowingly allow him to commit perjury.   the system does need that.  jury selection is going to be quite difficult on both sides because they should get a jury who can actually start from the presumption of innocence. 

i just don't understand what's so wrong about talking about the strategy of a prosecution.  the prosecution by definition presumes he is guilty, it's all other aspects of the court that need to presume him innocent until the prosecutor proves him guilty.  of course, the court of public opinion operates on a different time scale and without the structure of process, most of the public has decided based on the video that he's been proven guilty to them.  i understand the court of public opinion is problematic sometimes, especially when it comes to cancel culture and wild accusations and such, but overall people are entitled to their own opinion... it's gonna make jury selection difficult, but you can't demand public opinion presume him innocent absent a conviction.

it is certainly worrying to see the power of the mob, it's good that we do have a process in place, but yeah, it's an adversarial game.  i hope he's convicted, not just because of the mob, but because based on that video I think he killed him.  I don't know for sure his motivations and his intent, but keeping his knee there after the guy stopped moving is just plain wrong IMHO.  of course I do also admit I fear what kind of riots would happen if he was acquitted, but if I truly thought he wasn't guilty I'd want him acquitted even if the mobs disagreed.  justice applied to appease a violent mob is no justice at all.

9 hours ago, Aloysius said:

justice applied to appease a violent mob is no justice at all.

Amen

E3-AC5726-A57-E-4-BCF-BCEF-E9-A44286-F5-

Cities across the country have called for the removal of Confederate monuments amid Black Lives Matter protests   

A little ironic that A less than peaceful protester was nearly killed by the very same statue falling on his head... 

39-DFB812-E9-BC-4844-AF63-85-DCD780-BC41

A protester was seriously injured in Virginia this week when a Confederate statue he helped tear down toppled on top of him, according to reports.

The man, believed to be in his 30s, was part of a group of demonstrators Wednesday night trying to take down the Confederate monument in Portsmouth, 

E4-E74-DDA-3-C40-4109-9-C82-05-B1-EAA891

6-DE3-B7-A7-642-A-4-D63-A3-E6-CD79-D3446

Believe in the promise of MLK

D2188552-AEA5-44-A2-A116-2196-D23-C5-FBF

A person’s character matters

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like this topic has strayed a bit, so let's refocus. Basement Biden doesn't know where or when he is, or what office he's running for. How could he possibly be a member of the kkk?

:coffee: 

• 1 month later...

Biden also appointed pro-abortion senator Kamala Harris as his running mate in the 2020 presidential race.

Not sure what to make of Kamala (pronounced comma-lah - putting this here bcuz I didn't know).

Her record seems to be, do the crime, do the time. Bad guys go to jail. Biden seems historically to be tough on crime as well. Is past behavior a better predictor than the things politicians currently say to get elected? Idk.

If so I could be tempted to vote for them to stop Trump. But, I already went thru that crisis in the 2016 election (vote to stop Hillary? Vote to stop Trump?) And I came to the conclusion I wouldn't play that game. And my conscience has remained untroubled even in the midst of all the chaos. 

I will never vote for a pro abortion politician, no matter what else they say about equality, immigrants, the environment etc. Because it's all a lie. The fact we are created equal is a self evident truth, you don't have to be catholic or Christian to understand legal abortion is a human rights crime. These politicians are smart people  - they know. They're just corrupt.  What they mouth about equality is just words.

6 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

Not sure what to make of Kamala (pronounced comma-lah - putting this here bcuz I didn't know).

Her record seems to be, do the crime, do the time. Bad guys go to jail. Biden seems historically to be tough on crime as well. Is past behavior a better predictor than the things politicians currently say to get elected? Idk.

If so I could be tempted to vote for them to stop Trump. But, I already went thru that crisis in the 2016 election (vote to stop Hillary? Vote to stop Trump?) And I came to the conclusion I wouldn't play that game. And my conscience has remained untroubled even in the midst of all the chaos. 

I will never vote for a pro abortion politician, no matter what else they say about equality, immigrants, the environment etc. Because it's all a lie. The fact we are created equal is a self evident truth, you don't have to be catholic or Christian to understand legal abortion is a human rights crime. These politicians are smart people  - they know. They're just corrupt.  What they mouth about equality is just words.

A month or two ago I was freaking out and convincing myself I had to vote and for Biden. Now I'm just like f*** it I'm not even voting. Had someone close to me tell me yesterday they are voting for Trump. I was like cool and we discussed it a little bit. I'm just over it. Everything has gone completely insane.

32 minutes ago, Delivery said:

A month or two ago I was freaking out and convincing myself I had to vote and for Biden. Now I'm just like f*** it I'm not even voting. Had someone close to me tell me yesterday they are voting for Trump. I was like cool and we discussed it a little bit. I'm just over it. Everything has gone completely insane.

It's hard for me to accept voting for Trump as an option for moral people. Easier for me to see voting for Biden that way, just as a means to stop Trump. But, I'm not in others heads. So, I have to admit people could weigh things in their conscience and get so they see Trump as the lesser evil. No doubt abortion is the gravest human rights emergency of our time with millions and millions being murdered with no justice, no cnn town halls (like for gun violence) no mass demonstrations or corporations taking a stand (like for police brutality). If it were anybody besides Trump standing up (or pretending to stand up) for fetal human beings I would vote for them. Hard for other issues to matter when someone is detonating a nuclear warhead in your backyard every day, you know? But it's Trump, hes a threat to everyone, like literally everyone on this planet ...

I do vote and I do plan to vote. The last two elections, national and local, I have gone and voted for a couple things n the ballot I cared about - like ordinances and ish.  And in all the other lines I write in "Mickey mouse" as my candidate of choice... that's my middle finger to the system and how I record my disatisfaction with them. 

I'm voting for everything I agree with:

https://solidarity-party.org/

"We are a party that seeks the common good, on common ground, through common sense. We believe in the sanctity of human life, the necessity of social justice, our responsibility to care for the environment, and promotion of a more peaceful world. We cherish the individual rights and separation of government powers protected by the U.S. Constitution, and recognize the need for social supports and community cohesion. We seek to bridge the bitter partisan divide with principled and respectful policies and dialog."

cutenickname

I inhabit a body that is literally put in danger by the people Donald Trump has emboldened. Fear for my own safety and concern for others means that I will be voting for Joe Biden. I was a Sanders supporter and feel no great love for Biden nor any faith in his Christian witness, but at least he isn't a proto-Nazi or a fellow-traveler with ethno-nationalists, white supremacists, homophobes, xenophobes, etc.

A third party vote, if you live in a place where Biden actually has a chance, is a vote for Trump in my opinion. And Trump by my view is the first candidate in my lifetime I think it would be an actual sin to vote for.

Credo in Deum

We gotta stop calling people “KKK” lol. 

Anyway, I don’t think Biden is a racist.  I do think he’s a careerist, but that also explains the majority of politicians on either side.

@cutenickname I’m not going to say voting for Trump wouldn’t be sinful, but I don’t know how you’ve rationalized Biden as being the sinless option, lol.