Sign in to follow this  
HumilityAndPatience

“Is the SSPX in Schism? YES. Find out why” - I’ve made a video and would be very grateful for your feedback

HumilityAndPatience

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I’m a new member of this forum and would be very grateful for your honest feedback on a video I have created. I was kindly pointed in your direction by one of the Mediators of Meh at r/Catholicism due to their SSPX moratorium. 

It’s about the SSPX and proving their schism (hopefully not a controversial view on this forum! Though I do of course welcome discussion/views to the contrary). I would be very grateful for your thoughts on the video. In part one I have given a brief intro and covered the history at a headline level. In part two I have gone into more detail on what the SSPX believes.

Online communities have been so useful to me personally over the years, especially with regards to Traditional Catholicism- the media here has become very saturated with views difficult to discern. As such, I would very much welcome your honest feedback and discussion if there are any points I have missed or got wrong. God bless! Our Lady, pray for us.

HumilityAndPatience

(Note for Mediators of Meh- I realise this can be a controversial subject so completely understand if this post needs removing)

Hi All,

I have finished the final part of this video. Any feedback would be most appreciated. Likewise, discussion also is invited so please let me know your thoughts! I have pasted the outline of the video below. Pax Christi!

• Part 1 - https://youtu.be/-WClN56F30o
  • >Intro
  • >History 
  • >>>(inception - today)
  • >>>What pronouncements have we seen from the Vatican?
  • Part 2 - https://youtu.be/RC4DK7R-m_Y
  • >Views of the Society:
  • >>>Vatican 2
  • >>>The New Mass
  • >>>Rome and the Vatican
  • >>>Lefebvre’s defence- The State of Necessity
  • Part 3 - https://youtu.be/AK5pZVy0O30
  • >Views of important Catholics on the matter
  • >Common objections:
  • >>>Without the SSPX there would be no Latin Mass
  • >>>The Pope cannot grant faculties to those outside the church (referring to the indults of Pope Francis)
  • >>>But the SSPX respects the authority of the Pope- prays for him daily and holds a portrait up of him
  • >>>Show us where it says “Material schism” or “Partial Communion” in canon law
  • >closing comments

Br_Allen

The are irregular, but they are not in schism. By falsely representing their situation, you draw attention away from the actual problem. If they were schismatic we could not receive their sacraments as Rome allows..

HumilityAndPatience
16 hours ago, Br_Allen said:

The are irregular, but they are not in schism. By falsely representing their situation, you draw attention away from the actual problem. If they were schismatic we could not receive their sacraments as Rome allows..

Thanks for the reply Br_Allen it is most appreciated. I understand your point. However I believe I have clarified this by distinguishing between material and formal schism. The schism is implicit by virtue of our Brother's in the Societies various schismatic pronouncements.