An Old School Catholic Message Board

Parents have other plans for me....

Gia Marie

On 6/28/2020 at 12:57 PM, Indwelling Trinity said:

Perhaps  you might ask you parents if they have prayed and asked God what he wants for you and do they have the love to put his wishes above their own as much as they love you. 

These are dire times calling for much prayer and penance. Our world has wandered away from God. Even in many of the young vocations they want to give themselves. to God, but only within certain peramaters. I is.  almost like a premarital contract with some. 

We must be ready to sacrifice everything in order to gain. the union we long for with Christ. Yes, disceern carefully. But when you jump, let go... Frree fall into. God's arms. You will. Be so much happier. 

Laughing aas time goes on your vision will become keener and you will. See that. What you thought was. You most. Magnanimous gift to God of a clean. Break with everything. For love   of him was not. quite so. Clean.... You still need to become free of. Self. And there. Lies. The rest oof your religious. Life. Becoming. More. Free of. Self. So   as too. Love. God more. And. Alelse more purely in him including a healthy love of oneself. 

So here I lie with this stupid  Advanced MS ripping my body in every way imaginable, paralysis, vision, ergo. All my typos some days I can n longer recognize the simplest words mostly bedridden gone from Hermit in habit to Hermit in diapers being fed fluids in tubes feeling my intestines beingyanked out, deaf longing for  my mothers face staring at. The TV tears in abundance begging God's Mercy on all who suffer seeing not racism as the problem but Satan and demonsfightiing together for the soul of this world. Fatima fulfilled Rosary.. DIVINE MERCY.  I DON'T A. REALLY KNOW IF I AM FULFIIIILLING MY VOCATION OR I HAVE FAILED. IIAM A  CHILD  HALF MISSIONARY OF CHARITY HALF CARMELITE HERMIT,  I am a sinner  for sure but I deeply believe he dwells within the very core of my being. And it is there that I find my joy! 

Please I ask all of your prayers. 

Tenderly in Jesus, 

Indwelling Trinity

I am praying for you. Thank you for being such a pillar of faith and for inspiring me to strive for holiness more. May the Lord bless you abundantly!!

On 6/19/2020 at 6:05 AM, nikita92 said:

Wow!

What excellent advice/perspectives everyone contributed! This is what "Vocation Station" is all about! ;-)

Gia! I would like to THANK YOU for responding/commenting (positively) on each and every member's response!

While it isn't expected so to speak..it is refreshing to actually hear/read what the original poster took away from others experiences etc! 

We will hold you in our thoughts and prayers! ;0)

Thank you! I too was very moved by how responsive & kind everyone was! This site is truly a blessing :). Thank you for the prayers! God bless you! 

On 7/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, gloriana35 said:

I was deeply moved by the post from Incoming Trinity. However, those particular ideas would make many people shudder - indeed, seem morbid. (My own parents would have reacted in that manner, I'm sure. ) I believe you would need to be prudent in repeating such ideas. It could make your parents all the more opposed. (My parents were Italian - believers, indeed, and my mother quite devout, though not of an ethnic group which hopes for children to become religious. They did not oppose me, but I already had my MA - in 'my day,' those in their late 20s were 'late vocations.' Some of my friends entered very young, and had exceedingly devout parents who praised their sacrifice.)  You're an adult - you not only need to make your own decisions, but may be worn to a frazzle if you try to speak of the points Incoming made, excellent though they are in themselves, and much as they show great spiritual maturity.

There was a very simple, sweet Sister in the convent where I lived - she always told people "I hope you become a saint." When my father met her on a visiting day, he commented to us afterwards, "Who wants to become a saint? They are all dead!" Perspectives can be very different between individuals. :)

Perspectives can be very different between individuals, you are correct! Thank you for taking the time to share this wisdom. It is much appreciated! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
adoro.te.devote

Gia, I just wanted to let you know that I'm in a very similar situation. I have discerned consecrated life and I am an only child, and my parents wish me to marry. I don't have any great advice, besides the point that we must respect our parents and be kind to them, (never argue about this with them, this was my mistake) - but our parents really can't tell us to not follow a vocation. This is between us and God, and it is important that we seek His Will. I know it is very painful to be in this situation.. try to trust Him and keep your eyes on Him. It might help you to have a spiritual director and talk to him about everything. God bless you!

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that you`re parents want to have some grandchildren to spoil in a few years.  But they can`t tell you want to do with your life.  You are over 18 years of age.  I agree with finish your degree up and getting a job.  If God is still calling you to become a sister/nun, then your music will not be wasted.  Once in a while, I go to mass at a monastery, where I hear a guitar play a few times.  If you can play a musical interment, then it’s a bonus.