An Old School Catholic Message Board

A New Trend in Erasing History

Luigi

https://www.kmov.com/news/activists-religious-community-clash-over-push-for-st-louis-to-be-renamed-statue-removed/article_91f3ad72-b87e-11ea-a865-972000f8ea41.html 

You may want to take note if you live in St. Augustine, San Antonio, St. Paul, St. Cloud, Sacramento, Los Angeles, or any of the hundreds of other places in the country named for Catholics - saints or otherwise. 

King Louis IX brought Crown of Thorns to Paris so those who want his statue be removed also make a stance against this deed of his and against the fact that he is a Saint. However I am quite sure they could not care less. 

My first reaction is "how stupid all this is". Then I thought that those people who want to get rid of that person's monument or that one are totally unaware of the fact that all people including themselves have plenty of sinful things within themselves. "Including themselves" is the key here.

And yet again - how stupid all this is. And also very familiar.

Also, the modern society preach "tolerance". Then this people must be reminded that they should "tolerate" some statues dear to others.

tinytherese

Where do the claims of St. Louis being "anti-Semitic, Islamophobic and an anti- black crusader" come from?

1 hour ago, tinytherese said:

Where do the claims of St. Louis being "anti-Semitic, Islamophobic and an anti- black crusader" come from?

Anti-Semitic, because of laws targeting Jews during his reign. Islamaphobic, because he led two crusades, neither of which was successful BTW. Anti-black, I'm not sure; he did fight on the African continent in his second crusade, and black people lived in Africa?