An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fund the police

little2add

On 7/17/2020 at 5:35 AM, little2add said:

Should “its a wonderful life” be condemned too. 

At the rate we're going, EVERYTHING is going to be condemned....

7 hours ago, Norseman82 said:

At the rate we're going, EVERYTHING is going to be condemned....

Unfortunately you're probably right.   Nothing is sacred, anymore

Edited by little2add

Remember the druggist in the “it’s a wonderful life” movie. He mixed up poison in the prescription because he was so distraught over his son dying of influenza.   If you look closely at the telegraph in the movie it’s dated May 3, 1919. 4-DCA1976-9-BF0-4-DA2-B0-A3-7-D8-DF26439

The Spanish flu...  was even mor deadly that todays COVID-19, one hundred years latter

Edited by little2add

B5-C8-E6-D7-2-E4-A-4746-B062-C8-B91-A0-E
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble”- John Lewis   1940-2020

John Lewis with My old friend Therese Taylor.   Therese Taylor is the Director of Vermont Humanities Council. 
I’ve known her since 1st grade at St. Mary’s 

930-C400-E-552-E-4-C9-A-97-C8-A11759-C25

RIP

Edited by little2add

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
cutenickname
On 8/2/2020 at 9:14 PM, little2add said:

000-C23-AF-D5-F4-4-B95-BAF6-4-CA4-CD5-AC

That would result in considerably fewer dead, unarmed black men.

9 hours ago, cutenickname said:

That would result in considerably fewer dead, unarmed black men

The facts say otherwise>>>

NYC Criminal Justice System ‘Imploding,' NYPD Boss Says as Homicides Hit 5-Year High

As calls for defunding and reforming the police department have gained steam since the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, NYC has seen a 24 percent increase in homicides year-over-year

New York City’s homicide rate has hit a five-year high as the amount of people shot has jumped 42 percent compared to last year on the heels of an “implosion” of the city’s judicial system, according to NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea.

A perfect storm of COVID-19 shutdowns within the judicial system (which have shunted indictments against the most dangerous illegal gun criminals), a breakdown in the city’s social safety nets (which has prisoners being released from jail straight into homelessness), and bail reform laws and case deferments have all hindered the NYPD’s efforts to staunch the bleeding, Shea believes.

"We cannot keep people safe without keeping bad, dangerous, people off the streets,” Shea said. "You have a criminal justice system that's imploding. That’s the kindest way to put it.”

cutenickname

I am a born and raised New Yorker. What is happening in this city is driven by 1) the unwise decision to release criminals onto the streets 2) this country's insane and suicidal gun laws 3) the despair that comes from poverty.

The men committing these crimes will be prosecuted and convicted. The men who killed Philando Castile (a Catholic), Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, et al did so while being paid out of public funds to keep them safe. If the scandal and undisguised vulgarity of that is not obvious to you, I simply don't know what to tell you.

I won't respond further, because patience is not one of the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) I have in great abundance. Pray for me.