Sign in to follow this  
PaxCordisJesu

Solesmes nuns?

PaxCordisJesu

Hello, I'm new to Phatmass, and this is my first post. Can anyone tell me about the Benedictine nuns of the Solesmes Congregation, particularly the Abbey of St. Cecilia's, Ryde? I'd love to hear more about their charism, lifestyle, and any cool customs which they may have. I'm also curious if any of the Solesmes nuns have the Latin mass (Tridentine, not Novus Ordo). Thank you for any replies.

Sister Leticia

Hello and welcome!

From the little I know about St Cecilia's, they keep very strict enclosure - but they have a very informative website, in which they tell us everything they want us to know about them. If something isn't on the website, eg details of lifestyle, then this could be because they want to maintain some privacy. Alternatively, if they don't specify the type of Mass they attend, that probably means it's an ordinary one. 

I'm not sure what you mean by their charism, though? - they are, of course, Benedictine, and so the Rule of St Benedict, and Benedictine spirituality are at the heart of who they are. 

PaxCordisJesu

Thank you both for answering! By charism, I meant clarifications on how and why the monks and nuns of the Congregation of Solesmes differ from other Benedictines, for example, the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, or the Benedictines of Regina Laudis.