An Old School Catholic Message Board

please pray for me

Ice_nine

I've had a weird looking bump on my skin the past few months. I put it off because I was just thinking it was no big deal or that it would go away, esp with a lot of medical offices being closed. Anyways I've read up on more and have worked myself into a frenzy because the prognosis of what it *might* be looks pretty bleak. I know google is not a substitute for a medical degree, but please pray that I'll be able to get a prompt appointment to figure out what it is, and hopefully it's nothing fatal.

Thanks y'all. I have an appt for thurs. I just hope that I can get the thing biopsied without too much time or without any red tape issues.

I've been pretty distraught. And I keep thinking, I might be upset for no reason, it might be nothing, but if you want you can google "something that looks like a pimple that won't go away," and you'll find the pretty horrifying information I've found.

Anyways as a psa, there are skin cancers out there that don't look like what people typically think skin cancer looks like, and those are the most aggressive and account for a disproportionate amount of melanoma deaths.

So now you are educated.

also not the first time I've had a cancer scare. They found a nodule on my thyroid last year when I had a swollen lymph node tested. Docs didn't think it was anything serious but biopsied to be sure. Was non-cancerous, like they thought, but you still go through this sort of "what if it's bad?" stage that is kind of sucky.

thanks pham. It means a lot. I can't really talk about it with my family because I don't want to worry them so it helps to have a little space where I can.

doctor thinks its benign, she said if I want I could get it checked out by a dermatologist but more or less for my own piece of mind. I might do that, but I feel a lot better.

4 hours ago, Ice_nine said:

doctor thinks its benign, she said if I want I could get it checked out by a dermatologist but more or less for my own piece of mind.

It is a very standard and good practice. Very good, I am glad to hear that.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:16 PM, Ice_nine said:

doctor thinks its benign, she said if I want I could get it checked out by a dermatologist but more or less for my own piece of mind. I might do that, but I feel a lot better.

Hope you continue to be well ice.

I had a similar scare this summer. 

Terrible pain and numbness in my hands, feet and face. Doctor said ALS or MS. I cried. I had all the tests, nothing. A PT therapist overheard my complaining and gave me some stretches to do. Pain vanished in 3 days.

I know that feeling where you're just begging God your life isn't over... I definitely appreciate my life more!