An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where did everyone go?

cutenickname

On 8/29/2020 at 5:27 AM, Ash Wednesday said:

The British tend to be more reserved about liturgical music and tone in general -- they never hold their hands during the Our Father and would probably consider it "sentimental tosh!"

There's nothing in the rubrics requiring us to holds hands during the Our Father anyway.

On 8/31/2020 at 1:18 PM, chrysostom said:

At Mass today, this is what the priest did too. After I received he immediately put sanitiser on his hands and rubbed his hands with a paper towel which was thrown into a waiting rubbish bin.

Was not expecting that last bit...still a bit shaken. Not a church I go to regularly.

Yea, that was excessive. Just rubbing hand sanitizer into your hands is enough, though considering the times that we live in it's understandable why he's be extra cautious.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:02 AM, Ash Wednesday said:

I'm still in touch with a lot of the old school phatmassers on FB/twitter/instagram.

Please allow me to invite you to the "British Traddy Trad Trad Latin Mass" Facebook group, then. :) It is very friendly and polite.

On 9/1/2020 at 8:35 PM, tinytherese said:

There's nothing in the rubrics requiring us to holds hands during the Our Father anyway.

In point of fact people were never supposed to hold hands during the Our Father.  It was never approved, liturgically.

8 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

In point of fact people were never supposed to hold hands during the Our Father.  It was never approved, liturgically.

I think if females are wearing pantaloons while receiving on the hand, they are allowed to hold hands during the Our Father

58 minutes ago, MIKolbe said:

I think if females are wearing pantaloons while receiving on the hand, they are allowed to hold hands during the Our Father

I get your point, but it's not exactly true.  A dispensation was made to allow people to receive on the hand (which was a mistake, in my not-so-humble opinion).  A dispensation was never granted to allow people to hold hands - technically.  One could argue that a bishop's silence on the matter constitutes approval in his diocese...

On 8/23/2020 at 3:25 AM, cutenickname said:

Where did everyone go?

I have been on this site off and on since the beginning, though I took a very long break starting in 2013, probably only lurking once a year or so. I do not remember it being so slow. No point asking who I was I have become a new creation as they say. I also seem to remember there being a rosary app thingy and asteroid here, but that might be closer to twenty years than 7. Man I'm old.

Anna? Winchester? Donna? Kilroy? Don John? Hyper? Speechless? Msigga? Iceprincess? Basilissa? Aloysius is still around. Socrates? Ironmonk? Dave? Brother Adam and Theresa? Cmom? Jasjis? 

No matter. It will be sweeter to meet in the Spirit.

I have been on since 2008 but never posted much. I do remember all the oldies posting though. The phorum seemed to go through some kind of purge at one stage, a division between the more rad-trad and the NO crowd. A friend of mine got attacked and burned pretty badly by the cliques back then and decided never to come back here. I hang around probably just to see if things ever change or get better again. It has been quiet for a long time now. But it doesn't take much time to stop by and check out the new posts and then leave again. I remember some oldies you didn't mention but they haven't posted here in a long time now. One day I will probably try to stop by and the site won't exist. But I hope that isn't for a long time yet.

I have been reading this forum for at least five years, probably more. I did it because I like reading about real people journeys towards God and also because I was discerning the Third Order as a possibility for me. I did not sign up at that time though.
I regret there are less stories of search now because it helped me to know that there are others to struggle and find the particular way to God. It is just a sense of fellowship, all around the world.

On 8/22/2020 at 1:25 PM, cutenickname said:

Where did everyone go?

[. . .]

Anna? Winchester? Donna? Kilroy? Don John? Hyper? Speechless? Msigga? Iceprincess? Basilissa? Aloysius is still around. Socrates? Ironmonk? Dave? Brother Adam and Theresa? Cmom? Jasjis? 

No matter. It will be sweeter to meet in the Spirit.

I'm offended that you didn't include me :sad::sad::sad:

31 minutes ago, dUSt said:

Wait, is that a compliment?

Yes it is.   And an honest one.

But it also alludes to the burden of what you mean to this site, to Phatmass.