An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where did everyone go?

cutenickname

33 minutes ago, Jaime said:

I recommended you for nuclear waste management expert on Linkedin.  Did that ever pan out?

ironally, my job is pretty close to this.

Sorry - I have been off for a LONG while. I am working two jobs and I am at work Monday through Friday 7 AM - 8 PM or later. Saturdays 9 - 2 PM. By the time I get home, I am half dead. Too tired to do much of anything except say my prayers. I eat most meals at work, or in the car between jobs. Not the life I prefer... but with a job that doesn't keep up with inflation (or cuts in pay) and a mortgage that DOES keep up with inflation, there wasn't much choice. 

FutureCarmeliteClaire

This is WILD. Got an email about this thread and was surprised my account still existed. I joined as a young teen  in 2011 for vocation station, and have since grown up, moved from the east coast to the midwest, gone to college to be a social worker, and am now happily married. So grateful for having had this community long ago which I do believe gave me a foundation for my still-growing faith. 

Ancilla Domini

I stopped posting after I got marked phishy, because it took such a long time for any of my comments to be approved lol. Didn't seem worth it after a while.

2 minutes ago, FutureCarmeliteClaire said:

This is WILD. Got an email about this thread and was surprised my account still existed. I joined as a young teen  in 2011 for vocation station, and have since grown up, moved from the east coast to the midwest, gone to college to be a social worker, and am now happily married. So grateful for having had this community long ago which I do believe gave me a foundation for my still-growing faith. 

Is your husband aware that you plan to be a Carmelite?

Hi all,

It’s been a minute. 
I don’t know if anyone remembers me, but I used to frequent Vocation Station, where I was very neurotic and tied myself in many needless knots. I think I posted several times about how CONVINCED I was I was called to join this or that order, only for obstacles to arise.

Anyway, I‘ve been married for five months, I earned a masters in systematic theology from Our Lady’s university. I’m very happy ministering to college students, thinking about going into counseling, and hoping to add physical motherhood to the list soon.

So, I guess, I finally got that vocation thing figured out.

I too wandered away. I found Phatmass back in 2007 when I had a powerful conversion. I found it by accident, but really enjoyed coming here and chatting and several people I still chat with............ on FB.   I come back when Dust emails to ask where I am............. I remember getting suspended once too!  It was totally unfair.  :topsy:            This was my first chat place ever and I had no idea that people did not use their real names........... 

FutureCarmeliteClaire
3 minutes ago, Jaime said:

Is your husband aware that you plan to be a Carmelite?

Ah the nostalgia... And yes, it is true, I never did become a nun. :smile2:

7 minutes ago, FutureCarmeliteClaire said:

I remember you!! So funny that we both ended up in such similar spots!

FutureCarmeliteClaire
2 minutes ago, Julie said:

Hi all,

It’s been a minute. 
I don’t know if anyone remembers me, but I used to frequent Vocation Station, where I was very neurotic and tied myself in many needless knots. I think I posted several times about how CONVINCED I was I was called to join this or that order, only for obstacles to arise.

Anyway, I‘ve been married for five months, I earned a masters in systematic theology from Our Lady’s university. I’m very happy ministering to college students, thinking about going into counseling, and hoping to add physical motherhood to the list soon.

So, I guess, I finally got that vocation thing figured out.

You and me both, girl! Glad we became less neurotic and figured out that piece of the puzzle.

Blessed&Grateful

wow, hello all. I am amazed this is still going. I was more a reader than a poster. I loved all the vocation stories. 

And this was/is a place I found joy in the journey of others. 

:)

On 9/8/2020 at 8:14 AM, MIKolbe said:

your silence on pantaloons is telling....

I think that was if YOU were wearing Lederhosen, then you could hold hands during the Our Father.    INWP