An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where did everyone go?

cutenickname

On 11/4/2020 at 4:48 PM, dUSt said:

I'm glad that the ones who replied to the email are still alive. Let us now pray that the thousands of souls who did not reply to the email may rest in peace in their eternal rest.

Got your email, took me a few months to stop by but here I am. Not Catholic but neither is the All-mighty. If it wasn't for Him I really would be dead, grateful to be alive! Not much here for me to talk about, but I enjoy talking about the Bible. Keep reading your Bible, it works! Read with intelligence, and above all eat right. I encourage everyone to become vegan, it will transform your relationship with the All-mighty. The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field which a man found and covered up, and in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. That's the parable I live by. Anyway I just stopped by to drop a few words, mainly for the young folks (I'm not so young anymore), keep your right minds and be happy with every breath you draw. Life is beautiful and happy, never sell your soul for money and above all remember the poor! As Paul said, all forsook me, but the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me. Every man has a reason and a season in life, seek and you will find, ask and it will be given. What does the Lord ask of you but this, to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. And finally I'll leave you with the words of Amos: The Lion of Judah has roared, who will not fear? The Lord God has spoken, who can but prophesy?

homeschoolmom
58 minutes ago, MIKolbe said:

Wow, you must be really old... You probably look nice with gray hair, tho :)

Only a bit of gray along the temples. Very distinguished looking. It's the aching joints that are no good. 

14 hours ago, homeschoolmom said:

Only a bit of gray along the temples. Very distinguished looking. It's the aching joints that are no good. 

Eat better, stretch and light exercise.   It’s transformed my joint health and I’m dann near being certified old. 

• 10 months later...
On 8/22/2020 at 2:25 PM, cutenickname said:

Where did everyone go?

I have been on this site off and on since the beginning, though I took a very long break starting in 2013, probably only lurking once a year or so. I do not remember it being so slow. No point asking who I was I have become a new creation as they say. I also seem to remember there being a rosary app thingy and asteroid here, but that might be closer to twenty years than 7. Man I'm old.

Anna? Winchester? Donna? Kilroy? Don John? Hyper? Speechless? Msigga? Iceprincess? Basilissa? Aloysius is still around. Socrates? Ironmonk? Dave? Brother Adam and Theresa? Cmom? Jasjis? 

No matter. It will be sweeter to meet in the Spirit.

I got distracted by Facebook groups for years which took up much of my available free time but Facebook booted me back on April 19, 2021 so I had some extra free time to find Phatmass again.  

insearchofpax

I was on here as a young teen...like 2005/2006 ish. In my 30's now. Guessing my old account was deleted due to inactivity but probably wouldn't remember the password or email I signed up with anyways.lol. There was such a sense of community here and there was always a convo to just jump into. I miss that. So glad to see Phatmass is still around, even if its a little quiet these days. 

• 1 month later...

I am still here too! Just that at the moment I have heaps of war wounds, mine tend to call it, and am in nasty physical shape.  Without a single doubt in the slightest due to my Dominican Nun senior years education, Sr. Mary Benignus OP now in her eternal reward - I know Sister that you are praying for us Militant here on earth and hence mist everything now at play out here in the world, I have "always keep your eyes on the Middle East".

It is of major importance to address the following and over to clerical, consecratedLife in any form and most especially to Laity in W.  Has my backside been in a pew for either Sunday or weeknday Mass, No it has not - I am in nasty shape indeed and we call it war wounds as so many of us are out here in the muck and mire of society as ordinary citizens and we get bashed around by Old Nick and its adherents whatever, trying to stop us.  Not only am I innasty physical shape, but I am very poor and cannot afford taxis! Dont tellme to contact the archdiocese in any way, nor Rome - been there, done that and failed.  You see, I have a mental illness and if youlot outthere now named think that Jesus would not choose a mentally ill person for His Works, Messsages etc. - you have not contemplated The Gospels and whole New Testament. If you reject me, you are rejecting Jesus "He who rejects you rejects Me".  Sweeping generalization in the you, of course! Do you think Jesus was stupid and parochial? Contemplate Jesus as revealed in the New Testament.

OK get all paranooid over COVID or its mutation, one of them, put Money before God and I will Message this: the worldwide spread of this killer WILL get worse!  We, the west, invaded the Middle East ; therefore we are essentially responsible for the worldwide refugee situation.  Ok put money before God and see what happens !!! 

Our Lady at Fatima conveyed the Messages from Her Son that we need to do prayer and penance as His Church.  We need our contemplatives so much today to pray for us when we can't.  I am in private vows PC and O, and to a specific way of life in my written and approved Rule of Bethany.  I chose celibacy or Chastity rather with great problems on every level and as vowed.  Poverty and Obediene I really meant with all my heart.  The Good God took a hand in the Poverty angle which I lovingly accepted..........obedience as vowed, bothered me.  After much research, I wrote my own Rule of Life of Bethany which is very tight.  I then got Diocesan Permission to make my private vow of Obedience to that.  I am NOT in consecrated life, the Bethany Rule and way of life demands remaining a Lay Person.  Therefore, I have no religious habit of any kind, nor car, nor holidays nor allowances.  I vowed Poverty and meant it, I dont have anything not even a sticker stating "For the use of".  Out here in the shocking circumstances of society, we have no protection of The Church whatsoever.  Don't be concerned, I have Papal Administration in my metaphysical 'cross hairs' too

OF VITAL IMPORTANCE AND MEDITATION, CONTEMPLATION FOR POPE FRANCIS AND HIS PUBLIC AND PERSONAL INTENTIONS, Jesus Our Lord, please through the prayer of Your mother, our mother, free Pope Francis of his invisible handcuffs in the Curia etc........PS I am a Vatican 2 fan too.

you have to read my page or pages on FACEBOOK to put allof this together.

Transfered from later posts onto FACEBOOK

-

https://www.phatmass.com/phorum/profile/8344-barbaratherese/

Keep your HAND on the wheel (of life, keeping it towards The Light and God, not to the darkness and rule of satan.. Keep your eyes on the road........the road that is laid out daily in every thought word and dead, and always follow that road.

Not explaining the rest ina LOT of pain right now, mainly in my neck because I fell asleep in this chair with my head bent forward and NOW my neck, shoulders and lower back are very painful. I took all the painkillers I can

"Go ye into the WHOLE WORLD and PREACH THE GOSPEL to every creature.  The one that believes and is baptized shall be save, the one that does not believe shall be condemned"

Therein I found my personal vocation.  Do you really think that Jesus meant that only for His apostles or does the mandate exist in some form in every vocation - of course it does as many of us do do already - take a bow Boss @dUSt married etc.  I very deliberately chose celibate Chastity in order to be completely free almost of others' rules, guidelines and expectations.  I very deliberately chose to remain in the Laity and wrote my own Rule of Life of Bethany - now approved.

Looks like this thread is still the place to hang out. Katy (aka Moosey) and I have two wonderful kids now, Yvette and Charles. I finished my degree in philosophy several years ago, and now I have decided to go back to school to get a degree in education. I will probably do a Master's in a little while longer. I am at a small local Catholic university that has an excellent reputation for education graduates. It has a really refreshing focus on self-reflection and developing our spiritual identity as educators. This year I have been assigned to a practicum grade 1/2 combined class at a nearby public school, and the children are absolutely delightful.

On 1/20/2022 at 2:36 PM, Nihil Obstat said:

Looks like this thread is still the place to hang out. Katy (aka Moosey) and I have two wonderful kids now, Yvette and Charles. I finished my degree in philosophy several years ago, and now I have decided to go back to school to get a degree in education. I will probably do a Master's in a little while longer. I am at a small local Catholic university that has an excellent reputation for education graduates. It has a really refreshing focus on self-reflection and developing our spiritual identity as educators. This year I have been assigned to a practicum grade 1/2 combined class at a nearby public school, and the children are absolutely delightful.

I need philosophy help.

2 hours ago, MIKolbe said:

I need philosophy help.

Rarely affirm, seldom deny, always distinguish.

The best philosophers are the ones who can use buzzwords casually enough that nobody stops to doubt that they know what it means. :flex:

But on the other hand, if that is not enough philosophy help, let me know. I would be happy to distinguish further. :hehe2:

What you say seems to ring true.. I've taken some philosophy classes recently and had a few papers to turn in.  I received them back, but there were very very few notes. It left me wondering how I did.  I mean, I got a grade, but just not much constructiveness...

Yeah, the best philosophy professors I ever had were the ones who gave detailed feedback on your papers, but it definitely was not a majority of them. And sometimes the ones who do give good feedback are surprised that anyone actually reads it.

It is nice being in an education faculty now, because all of the professors are also experienced teachers, so good teaching and good feedback is literally what their degrees are all are focused on.

• 3 months later...