An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where did everyone go?

cutenickname

21 hours ago, dUSt said:

I'm glad that the ones who replied to the email are still alive. Let us now pray that the thousands of souls who did not reply to the email may rest in peace in their eternal rest.

we'll also pray for whatever happened to that thing that's on your head

On 8/24/2020 at 11:10 PM, Aloysius said:

now I'm really getting curious who you are haha.  I started around 14/15 years old also and am in my thirties now as well.

anyway I'm actually in a different time zone at the moment, so never assume I'm actually being responsible :P

Good to know you're still finding Christian fellowship.  Some of us Catholics will still keep the light on for you (or the votive candle, as it were) anytime you want to come home.  Even Oscar Wilde had his death bed moment, never say never ;)

Deathbed moments: Reminded my of  St. Therese of Lisieux , The Little Flower- rem there was this terrible criminal, rapist, maybe murderer, ugh.
And he was to have his head cut off publicly. That France!
The story goes she prayed and prayed for him to (i can't rem exactly, but) for him to come to God, repent, let's say...for his soul to be saved.

At the very last moment, he did, :)

In a biography I read -  I highly recommend - such purity. :)

:o)Katherine:o)

So crazy, I lurked on Phatmass a few days ago and then just discovered the email! I mainly posted in VS. Lived in a discernment home for two years. Still feel a tug towards religious life. However, have a few health issues that need to be worked out so for now that is my focus. I work full time for my diocese and volunteer in several ministries. 

To be honest, I stopped coming around when things became very intense in VS. It is nice to see so many familiar names! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 1:25 PM, cutenickname said:

Where did everyone go?

I have been on this site off and on since the beginning, though I took a very long break starting in 2013, probably only lurking once a year or so. I do not remember it being so slow. No point asking who I was I have become a new creation as they say. I also seem to remember there being a rosary app thingy and asteroid here, but that might be closer to twenty years than 7. Man I'm old.

Anna? Winchester? Donna? Kilroy? Don John? Hyper? Speechless? Msigga? Iceprincess? Basilissa? Aloysius is still around. Socrates? Ironmonk? Dave? Brother Adam and Theresa? Cmom? Jasjis? 

No matter. It will be sweeter to meet in the Spirit.

coming in late but hey. it's been a minute. weird that we're all coming back during this pandemic.

yall i am so mad that i dont check my email. this really is bringing back so many memories. mostly cringe but memories nonetheless. how did yall tolerate me?

It's been awhile for me as well. I had a different account, but I lost the email to that one. I came here when I was first converting to the Catholic faith, like back in 2013! Gosh, it's been awhile. The chatroom was hilarious. I hope to see some more people return. 

On 12/3/2020 at 9:09 AM, the171 said:

coming in late but hey. it's been a minute. weird that we're all coming back during this pandemic.

yall i am so mad that i dont check my email. this really is bringing back so many memories. mostly cringe but memories nonetheless. how did yall tolerate me?

Dunno, 171......... same way they tolerate me I guess. 

I read in a text about fraternity that difficult members are sent by The Lord into a community to hone the virtues of members.  Maybe that's it - they're all honing.........that IS honing, not moaning.

I wonder how Carla is doing with Carmelites, Emma Berry with her new community and where Mater Misericordiae went........

On 12/9/2020 at 3:18 AM, Makarioi said:

I wonder how Carla is doing with Carmelites, Emma Berry with her new community and where Mater Misericordiae went........

How did Emmaberry's story continue?? When I was a novice, she wrote me a letter (as a postulant). Later, I found out that she had to leave the Poor Clares, but I don't know what happened to her after that. And PM's search function is not really helping me...

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2020 at 5:38 PM, homeschoolmom said:

Oh good grief. Now I feel old. I was in my 30s when I started here. (I'm not anymore.)

Wow, you must be really old... You probably look nice with gray hair, tho :)