An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fatima 2020

little2add

I found the  movie on apple+ but the rental price is $19.95 :o just to watch, onetime 

to expensive for me

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it a few days after it was released – – what are you guys waiting for!? It's a little less than  what a movie ticket costs. Well worth renting. Plus you will be supporting a very very well-made movie. I was really surprised how well-made it was. This is how movies with Catholic Christian messages should be. Great cinematography, convincing acting – – Lucia, her mother, and Our Blessed Mother were absolutely phenomenal. I meanOur Lady was so  incredibly real, holy and heaven sent but real at the same time. It could be the  best portrayal of an apparition of Mary since "Song of Bernadette." While I have some minor complaints, I really loved it .  Truth be told I  shed tears at one point, partly because how beautiful Our Lady was and how tenderly she spoke.

Go rent it already!

There are some serious problems with it, not only with the visuals but also messing with the Angel's words and Our Lady's words. I would link to some good reviews but they were written by rad trads and I think would get censored. 

Edited by reminiscere
Misspelling

14 hours ago, reminiscere said:

There are some serious problems with it, not only with the visuals but also messing with the Angel's words and Our Lady's words. I would link to some good reviews but they were written by rad trads and I think would get censored. 

Any rad trad review not written in the language of a Douay-Rheims Bible is completely hypocritical.

16 hours ago, reminiscere said:

Agreed. The wording of prayers was off and something that Our Lady said did not come across well. 

I rented the movie and watched it today.   This updated version really puts the lifestyle of 1919 in perspective.  The portrayal Lucia‘s mother and father was insightful and inspiring.  

The great pandemic of 1919 was raging at the time of the Fatima miracle.   The Spanish flu was far more deadly than the corona 19 pandemic the world is witnessing now.   
here are a few screenshots of the credits at the end of the movie. 

27379641-8-D7-A-40-B6-A262-B6-E70831257-

BEBC2-BE8-3-C39-4268-97-CF-EEF0-E1-BDED6

827286-E8-0362-4-C15-8223-E2977-B79-F069

4-BF2-F4-A5-1-B66-4-B9-B-BD53-D9-B6-D0-C

2-AD20-CC6-3-CA8-4-CDC-A51-B-D4-A35-CF97

Both of Lucia’s siblings who witnessed a miracle with her passed away from the pandemic a year after

If this movie has the Fatima miracle (of the sun) taking place in the middle of the Spanish flu pandemic, it's not a very accurate movie.  The miracle of the sun took place in October 1917 and the Spanish flu pandemic didn't start until February 1918--it would be like saying that something that happened last October took place in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic.  I think we can all agree that we weren't in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic last year.

Also, I hate to suggest it (because I hope it's not true):  we don't know if the Spanish flu epidemic was worse than the current COVID-19 outbreak because the COVID-19 outbreak is still going on.  The Spanish flu pandemic lasted for just over 2 years.  We're not even one year into the COVID-19 pandemic yet.  Time will tell.

The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet's population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans

Sorce: www.history.com › topics › world-war-i › 1918-flu-pandemic

11 hours ago, Hna.Caridad said:

miracle (of the sun) taking place in the middle of the Spanish flu pandemic,

The two events are not depicted together at the same time, The three Fátima children: Lucia Santos, 10, Lucia’s cousins, Jacinta, 7, and Francisco Marto, 9. 

Both of Lucia cousins passed on a year +/- later after the miracle of the sun

A century ago

Edited by little2add