An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominicans

sista2b

[quote name='FaustinaVianney' date='Aug 1 2004, 07:23 PM'] (I flocked to the Dominican Friars' parish, whcih I am going to the novices' profession of vows on the 15th..yay!) [/quote]
Hm... are you positive it's the 15th? I had heard it was the 9th... but, anyhow, I wish I could be there, seriously. Enjoy it for me. Maybe take pictures too.

FaustinaVianney

Nope, it is the 15th, the Feast of the Assumption. Fr Stephen told me so himself. (He is one of the OP's in residence at St Gertrude's, where it is all happening...)Dominicans have been professing their vows on the Feast of the Assumption since the times of St Dominic.

JMJ
8/1 - Eighteenth Sunday

FaustinaVianney, we'll have to go out on the town in Roma - I'll be studying there next semester! Alex Z. will be coming over (I'm assuming that's who you are speaking of) as well, so we can all have a grand ol' time. ;)

Saint...Someday :)

[quote name='FaustinaVianney' date='Aug 1 2004, 07:23 PM'] I remember Sr John Agnes, but I don't think we really talked. I've met soo many sisters that it is hard to keep 'em all straight..hehe. [/quote]
Amen to that! She's the [i]short[/i] one....with the emphasis on short. Even with her 'high heels' (lol--have you seen those shoes?) She's still barely 5 feet tall.

Have you received one of the Jubilee books from Sister Catherine Marie yet? It's got all of the sisters in it--pictures and names together. I am thinking about making flashcards. ^_^

FaustinaVianney

Pio Nono~ that's awesome! (How exciting to be studying in Rome, I would have loved to do that!) 3 of us from the E'ville diocese gonna be in Roma! Me and two semmies! woot woot! How great is that?!? hehe I'm supposed to be flying out of the US on Dec 27 and flying back Jan 20 for R2L March in DC. Last time I talked to Alex he didn't know exactly when he was flying in but around the same time.

Saint~ No, I haven't gotten the Jubilee book, but I might not get that until I apply for entry and all that. No, I haven't seen Sr John Agnes' high heels--too funny. Flash cards isn't a bad idea. hehe

[quote name='Claudine' date='Jul 30 2004, 11:45 AM'] nuns R cool.
So how old are u ladies who r going 2 be nuns?

:peace: [/quote]
I'm 21, and entering this year.