An Old School Catholic Message Board

dUSt, Delete my account

cutenickname

cutenickname

Please delete my account or ban me.

If you do not simply comply with the request I will have to take disruptive and objectively un-Christian measures to make you do so.

God bless.

I understand your desire to not actually delete accounts so as not to interfere with the flow of conversation, so banning without deleting is fine.

@dUSt

this was never a trend back in the day.  People just left

I have been on this site off and on since the beginning, though I took a very long break starting in 2013, probably only lurking once a year or so. I do not remember it being so slow. No point asking who I was 

So that tells me two things. One you're old enough to be an adult and can control your own behavior. B You have multiple accounts here so deleting one is kind of a waste of time.  If you don't like it, leave.  Take care and God bless.  there's no reason to threaten tantrums or post the same request on 15 threads.  

Leave.  Delete the URL from your history and never think of this place again

I have a guess who you used to be, the flare of your posts has a certain stylistic signature to it, but I'll abstain from my guesses the way we abstain from meat on fridays especially the important fridays during lent, since you're not wanting to reveal yourself haha. 

it seems ppl have touched nerves for you here, I can appreciate the difficulties that presents especially when it's tied up into things which you've intertwined your life into.  and right or wrong in their assertions, perhaps they have been (or have seemed to be) less than charitable.  perhaps the area they touch is sensitive from some unresolved condition of your conscience you don't want to face... in which case I pray you'll find the grace to face it.  whether that's true or not about the unresolved conscience, it ought to be an occasion for you to grow resilient and secure in yourself, and get the grace to accept that others might have opinions that are offensive to you and work on loving them through that and accepting the things you cannot change about others (and taming your temper).  whichever way you think it is, keep interrogating your conscience about all things as we are all called to do--especially when things touch an emotional nerve it's a good moment to look at where your conscience is and what might be troubling it that you're ignoring. 

but if you find you cannot do that and think it's too much of an occasion of sin and you want to cut off the hand / eye of your phatmass account, you could always type some random letters numbers and symbols into a word document without looking, copy them, go to change password and paste the random letters as your new password, and lock yourself out of your account that way.  (if you're worried about your self control, before you do that change your email to a new one you sign up for and lock yourself out of that in the same way so you can never do a 'forgot password' to get back in).  Jesus didn't tell us that if our right hand caused us to sin that we should go to the authorities to demand an amputation, it's important that you would be the one to lop it off if you think it's an occasion of sin you need to cut out of your life.

Well, I guess that's one way to get banned. Sorry for all those who had to see the post of the pee pee's. I was sleeping. Big shout out to the Mediator of Meh who had to delete that.

• dUSt changed the title to dUSt, Delete my account

I've seen the debates get pretty heated / personal around here, but I don't think I have seen it devolve into physical threats and the like.

26 minutes ago, Peace said:

I've seen the debates get pretty heated / personal around here, but I don't think I have seen it devolve into physical threats and the like.

Fair's fair. I didn't see it before it was deleted (spare the 1-2 sentence preview in the email notification) but it seemed abnormal. Being new and all, I'm still not sure what to expect, if you catch my drift.

2 hours ago, Pooooma said:

Fair's fair. I didn't see it before it was deleted (spare the 1-2 sentence preview in the email notification) but it seemed abnormal. Being new and all, I'm still not sure what to expect, if you catch my drift.

4CC74C3F-24B9-4092-9585-E662ED777C3C.jpeg

A few thoughts regarding a resent trend "delete my account!!!"

If I am correct, such an action, in some cases, causes the disappearance of the entire topics. Quite often there would be valuable discourses (including theological) of other members of the forum present there, like it was in quite recent trolling which began from "Why the Catholic Church disapproves public nudity?" The topic itself was legitimate and useful, the arguments of a few members were deep useful - including for those who may just look through the forum (not registered). When the topic was erased I was annoyed because I put some effort and time into conveying my thoughts on that topic as well.

Another thought is that this forum is not Facebook etc. social media (thanks God) and to insist on "delete my account so no trace would" is, in a sense, to impose that "light social format of no responsibility for own word and own persona" on this vocational forum. It is far better I think to weigh own words before typing them. And if they are somehow look "bad" after some time passes then to say it.

The total: maybe it is just me but it is hard to be motivated to write in a response to something that can be changed/deleted etc. 

42 minutes ago, Lil Red said:

I mean, that's what most people usually do

Great to see you, Red.  But really.  Not a thought?

58 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

he never said that about me...   <_<

On 10/4/2020 at 5:11 PM, Anomaly said:

I literally hadn't had phatmass cross my mind in a long time. Hey I'm  a busy person