An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shameless self plug

Jaime

• 1 month later...
ReasonableFaith
On 10/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, fides' Jack said:

Woah.  Jaime, you have an amazing radio voice.  Not kidding at all, and I mean it in a non-gay way.

Sounds like a great topic; I have the book but haven't started it yet.  I'll listen to the whole thing later.  I'll get my wife to try to listen to it, too.

Fear not!  You can compliment a fellow male without folks assuming you are a homosexual. There is no need to follow a compliment with a homophobic statement to assert your ‘straightness.’  

On 10/19/2020 at 1:39 AM, Jaime said:

My old spiritual director and i have started a podcast called 2RGathered.  In it we talk about our faith in daily living.  It's now on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon, Downcast, Dwizabub and the NI network.    Here's the fun part, we actually have anti Catholic haters bashing the show and getting people to give it a one star rating! They haven't listened, they are just getting people to rate it,  https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-2rgathered-catholic-podcast/id1535705287.  Our first episode is on the 33 day Consecration to St Joseph.  

Listen if you'd like, battle against the 1 star if you like.  Father Rob and I are in it for the long haul

Way to go through open doors!!!!!

In my opinion that is truly "Philadelphian Era" behaviour of you!

By the way...... you Roman Catholics have just about the coolest approach to near death experience accounts of anybody that I know of..........   frankly..... the Latter day Saints do a good job of taking those seriously as well.  

My guess is that NDE accounts to some degree fulfill John sixteen verse twenty five........  

14 hours ago, tate4242 said:

Way to go through open doors!!!!!

In my opinion that is truly "Philadelphian Era" behaviour of you!

By the way...... you Roman Catholics have just about the coolest approach to near death experience accounts of anybody that I know of..........   frankly..... the Latter day Saints do a good job of taking those seriously as well.  

My guess is that NDE accounts to some degree fulfill John sixteen verse twenty five........  

I know this is in English but I have no idea what any of this says

On 1/14/2021 at 2:03 PM, Jaime said:

I know this is in English but I have no idea what any of this says

It is in the Book of The Apocalypse, chapter three.......

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches. [7]And to the angel of the church of Philadelphia, write: These things saith the Holy One and the true one, he that hath the key of David; he that openeth, and no man shutteth; shutteth, and no man openeth: [8] I know thy works. Behold, I have given before thee a door opened, which no man can shut: because thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. [9] Behold, I will bring of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie. Behold, I will make them to come and adore before thy feet. And they shall know that I have loved thee. [10]Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I will also keep thee from the hour of the temptation, which shall come upon the whole world to try them that dwell upon the earth.

On 1/16/2021 at 7:32 PM, tate4242 said:

It is in the Book of The Apocalypse, chapter three.......

Ok well we haven't talked about NDE or the Apocalypse yet but thanks for chiming in

• 4 weeks later...

This week I got to interview Molly and Mark Druffner.  10 years ago they brought their seven children to the village of Bwambo Tanzania.  Mark became the only doctor in the village.  That was 10 years ago.  Today Bwambo has doctors nurses and two priests, as well as water and electricity.  All because of the dedication of this family.  They’re pretty amazing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-2rgathered-catholic-podcast/id1535705287  Please give them a listen