An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discerning My call to Consecrated Life

CalledToServe1

1 minute ago, Peace said:

You know what? You are correct here.

How is that even possible?

Stopped watches my friend!!! Right twice a day!!!

Can I just throw in another "you go"! into the mix? Thanks for all wise words all around and also encouragement for you! Pray to St. Joseph every day, he will handle it if you let him!

I myself am slowly working to pay off my stuff, but there are specific circumstances which have put me on the path that requires this. Nothing for it but to barrel on like Jacob! Oh to be free of this...

CalledToServe1
9 hours ago, Peace said:

Have you have ever tried one of those "Crowdfunding" sites or whatever?

Thanks for the idea? I am actually on GoFundme and that has gone well! :) 

7 hours ago, JHFamily said:

Is there a reason that one of these two organizations would not work for you, or have you decided to simply take a different path?

Great Question! As for the Laboure Society I spoke to them directly a few times and while they have helped many men and women and have a wonderful program, after prayer and counsel it was not a good option for me due to my substantial education debt and some factors. But I highly encourage others to look at their program because as I have learned, say Yes to the call, and God will help guide you along the path and all of our paths are different!

And thanks for asking me to share why because I realized with the Mater Ecclesiae the reason it did not work is I had missed the application deadline last year after I was accepted. But thanks to you simply asking me why today, I see that I have until Nov 30th to apply and that it may be a possibility! Isn't it amazing how God can work through others. If you could keep me, this possible application, and the fundraising in your prayers I would be so appreciative! :) 

4 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

Hey girl. I wish you well on your journey. 

Thank you so much for the well wishes! I am so grateful in how much support I have received during this journey and the prayers have been the most important part! :) 

Many Blessings and May God's Peace be with all of you that have read and interacted in this posting! Pax et Bonum! 

On 10/22/2020 at 3:44 AM, GraceUk said:

I agree it's a good idea to contact the Laboure Society. I think it's fair enough to ask friends and family but asking strangers on the internet is a different thing. 

No difference really..from all the Gofund me accounts that are set up from people in all sorts of situations. 

School debt is a bear though. I had a negative net worth for 22 years! If I have kids, I am sending them to Kenya for college. So they had better like the motherland, or study hard and get a scholarship. It is what it is.

10 hours ago, CalledToServe1 said:

But thanks to you simply asking me why today, I see that I have until Nov 30th to apply and that it may be a possibility! Isn't it amazing how God can work through others. If you could keep me, this possible application, and the fundraising in your prayers I would be so appreciative!

I'm so glad... maybe this will be a missing piece for you. My husband and I have regularly given to Mater Ecclesiae. It's not that I'm opposed to people helping our future religious with their debts, but rather, it should be done with as much prudence as possible to have the best outcome, whether the person stays in religious life or not.

2 hours ago, Peace said:

If I have kids, I am sending them to Kenya for college.

Just send them to the community college instead... then finish off at a four-year school.  My daughter will graduate in May with zero debt following this plan.