An Old School Catholic Message Board

HOCKEY - THE THOUGHEST ATHLETES!

Didacus

Link:

https://thehockeywriters.com/are-nhl-players-the-toughest-athletes/?fbclid=IwAR1iw4qU5mMNaR9dUfKRy2AA63NzgNXQn1A3NhXr4-C5Rr6Jhy119xuQvfc

According to an extensive study done by ESPN called Sports Skills Difficulty, ice hockey ranks second behind only boxing among the 60 sports measured. Football is ranked third, basketball fourth, baseball ninth and soccer tenth. The least tough athletes competed in bowling, curling, billiards and, understandably ranked dead last, fishing.

So PHAM - how often d'yall go fishing?

Maybe the real toughness... Is the friends we made along the way.

My homeboys decided to sign Markstrom to a bit of a blockbuster contact. I think it's a bit too long personally, but if we have a legitimate Vezina contender for at least a few years it'll be worthwhile when his performance drops in the latter seasons.

I would rather see them lose Gaudreau and Monahan and get some value for them now in a trade, rather than just lose them to free agency later, but hey. It is Treliving's job on the line next summer if this does not pay off, not mine.

Would your team be interested in Carey Price?

I've been thinking that Montreal should have traded him a while back to get some value... but i think its getting too late for that now.

I was watching basketball with my friend and one player took out another player midair and I cheered because I love a good hit.  She turned to me and said, "Hey, this isn't hockey." I miss hockey games.

Go Hawks

19 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Only one team has ever defeated Montreal at home to win the Stanley Cup.

Whoa!  Good question.

I am only guessing here...  Montreal wemt to the finals 10 times in a tow from 1951 to 1960, of courae winning many many cups.  Bit if they lost thw cup on home ice, it may very well be in that period.

Their main rivals - Detroit Red Wings...

So that is my 'educated guess'... Detroit Red Wings, 1950s...

Am I close at least?

Well, I have begun training for Speed Jigsaw a new sport in the Masters Games 2021. Might not be physically challenging but the intellectual , eye and hand coordination are right up there.

18 hours ago, Didacus said:

Whoa!  Good question.

I am only guessing here...  Montreal wemt to the finals 10 times in a tow from 1951 to 1960, of courae winning many many cups.  Bit if they lost thw cup on home ice, it may very well be in that period.

Their main rivals - Detroit Red Wings...

So that is my 'educated guess'... Detroit Red Wings, 1950s...

Am I close at least?

Calgary Flames, 1989. :)

4a6718d2e9c9bd2565697f129791224b.jpg

ARrrrghhh.....   Calgary would have been my second guess...

Yes... it is a lovely cup... hardest won cup in the world!

4 hours ago, picchick said:

That cup is so pretty.  It's the prettiest cup in the world. 

Insist on your cup of stars!

On 11/9/2020 at 8:39 AM, Didacus said:

So anyone agree hockey has the toughest athletes?

I don't know if you can say that.  According to the article, boxing is the toughest sport.  So wouldn't it follow that they have the toughest athletes?