An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer Request for Going Overseas

SicutColumba

Hello all,

I am a longtime lurker on these forums and I would like to firstly thank you all for your wonderful witness to Christ on the internet. I am in my freshman year of college and at the end of this year I won't be returning to school; instead I'm joining a beautiful community overseas. I have to move over there within a couple weeks, however, for the purposes of my visa. God has been so good to me throughout my process of discernment and getting my visa was truly nothing short of a miracle. It's a bit of a complicated situation but I would really appreciate your prayers for my living situation once I get over there; I was going to live with a friend until I entered but she is unable to take me in at least for the next few months. It's a time-sensitive issue due to my visa and I need to find a place to live in one of the most sought-after cities in the world within a couple weeks, and I'm also trying to finish school there, too (I know it's complicated!). On top of this there is the whole horrible COVID situation. I am trying to place all of this in Our Lord's hands but I am having a really hard time not stressing out over this. I would be so grateful to you if you could just spare a quick prayer that I find a simple little corner in which to hide for the few months remaining before I enter. Thank you all so much and may God bess you all!

Welcome to Phatmass :)

May the Good Lord keep you safe and bless richly your journey in religious life, which in essence has actually begun.  Thank you for taking up His invitation.

Please keep us in a prayer or two too please.

Bon voyage

1 minute ago, BarbaraTherese said:

May the Good Lord keep you safe and bless richly your journey in religious life, which in essence has actually begun.  Thank you for taking up His invitation.

Please keep us in a prayer or two too.  It would be great if from time to time you were able to keep us updated on your journey.

Bon voyage

I will pray for you  as you journey overseas  to enter religious life. I hope that you will resolve your accommodation problems soon. May God bless you and keep you safe as you continue your discernment.

10 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Please keep us in a prayer or two too please.

Bon voyage

Thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. 

3 hours ago, Jennifer said:

I will pray for you  as you journey overseas  to enter religious life. I hope that you will resolve your accommodation problems soon. May God bless you and keep you safe as you continue your discernment.

Thank you.

Hi all, 

Thank you all so much for your prayers and welcoming words. I contacted the sisters and on the suggestion of the local parish it looks like I have found a place that is a really good price and is providentially on the same block as the church I would attend. It's looking good so far in terms of being rentable and if it ends up falling through I will have a place to crash with another friend who has graciously offered me a room. I am so thankful for everybody's generosity and charity and especially for the wonderful grace of God. So many times in my discernment I've come up against obstacles that seemed insurmountable, but every time he has given me everything I needed to follow him, and I'm awestruck at how far his grace has taken me through no merit of my own. I still have a long journey ahead of me, and I think the months before I enter will be really difficult, but with your prayers and his grace I think I will make it through. Thank you all for your continued prayers, and I assure you of my own!

3 hours ago, SicutColumba said:

Hi all, 

Thank you all so much for your prayers and welcoming words. I contacted the sisters and on the suggestion of the local parish it looks like I have found a place that is a really good price and is providentially on the same block as the church I would attend. It's looking good so far in terms of being rentable and if it ends up falling through I will have a place to crash with another friend who has graciously offered me a room. I am so thankful for everybody's generosity and charity and especially for the wonderful grace of God. So many times in my discernment I've come up against obstacles that seemed insurmountable, but every time he has given me everything I needed to follow him, and I'm awestruck at how far his grace has taken me through no merit of my own. I still have a long journey ahead of me, and I think the months before I enter will be really difficult, but with your prayers and his grace I think I will make it through. Thank you all for your continued prayers, and I assure you of my own!

Hi SicutColumba, welcome to phatmass! :) There's a private chat here for high school/college age discerners [of religious life], so if you want to join, let me know and we would be glad to welcome you there as well! 

pax et bonum

3 hours ago, Lea said:

Hi SicutColumba, welcome to phatmass! :) There's a private chat here for high school/college age discerners [of religious life], so if you want to join, let me know and we would be glad to welcome you there as well! 

pax et bonum

Thank you, Lea, for your offer! That sounds like a nice chat and if you'll have me, I'd very much like to join. Thanks!

Edited by SicutColumba
typos lol

• 4 weeks later...

Lol so I've been living in Europe for a bit now and I've already been robbed. It's not my first time living here but it happened pretty stupidly, too, which is really humiliating because I've always considered myself to have my wits about me somewhat. It makes me want to laugh and to cry. Thankfully they didn't take my computer. (I no longer have to worry about what to do with my phone!) I'm praying a ton for whoever took my stuff because they decided to take two rosaries and all sorts of holy cards and prayers I had written too. The culprit is going to become my own personal Pranzini! 

Otherwise things are really grand and I will be spending my Mardi Gras vacations and Easter at the novitiate. I'm really excited for that.