An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Very Uncomfortable Question...

PaxCordisJesu

PaxCordisJesu

I know that there are quite a few trads on this forum, so please nobody chew me up for asking this question about a community that is very popular among traddies. Yes, it may be none of my business, but I think it's only reasonable I should ask it as I am considering discerning with this community. Possibly. So.... *deep breath*.... what happened to Mother Therese, Sr. Agnes, and Sr. Gemma of the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles? They all made it to Solemn Profession, were all founding members of the community, and all of them just disappeared off of their Christmas card all of a sudden, with no explanation provided. For such a new, small community, the fact that three solemnly professed members left seems strange, especially since one was one of the original founders and the prioress. Did they all just realize they weren't called to religious life, after all? I hope and pray that something along the lines of the whole Legionnaires of Christ situation didn't happen, and was just covered up by the nuns and bishop. Because, after all, it appears that often happens in the traddie world. SSPX scandals, anyone? So there's my question, and I apologize if I sound like I'm slandering anyone. Because I'm not, I honestly think they're a good community, and just wondered what was going on there. Thanks for any responses.

I think that if they did leave then it's not really anybody's business but theirs. And should certainly not be gossips about on a forum. O

Edited by GraceUk
To delete.

This is not our business. There are many completely ordinary reasons why sisters might not appear on a Christmas card and starting to speculate about why with strangers online seems disrespectful of their privacy and their monasticism. If it's that crucial to your discernment, ask them. That way you'll get a straight answer.

• beatitude locked this topic