An Old School Catholic Message Board

Covid Vaccination

ardillacid

Covid Vaccination  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am unsure about making the vaccination mandatory.  It needs a longer trial out in the public for those who are willing to have the vaccination (be the guinea pigs as it were).  I think the mandatory aspect might be important because COVID spreads so easily - is so contagious.  Mandatory is one for the medical experts, if necessary, at some future point.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

My only thing is that if people do not want the vaccination, why are they being force to do something that they do not what to do? 

The one thing appears to be certain is that the covid virus is not going away, by itself. 

Like it or not the covid vaccine may be our only hope to end the crisis.    

The situation in the USA re COVID is dreadful.  Keeping in prayer that the vaccination is the answer or that something crops up very soon.  People are very ill and/or dying over there.

The American ethos is such that it's people will never accept mandatory vaccination on a nationwide scale. I remember a tree planting program - people resisted massively. Not because they didn't want trees; they didn't want the government telling them they were going to have them, when where and how many. 

There are ways to incentivize vaccination ... it can be made necessary to fly, go to football games or attend school, for example.  These are all choices. Americans respond much better when you say "if you don't like it, you don't have to travel", "you don't have to go to football games" "go ahead and keep your kids at home if you prefer." Many of the people who would have resisted mandatory vaccination to the death will go along with it at that point.

I'll probably take the vaccination for it in a few years, but not this year. I don't have a whole lot of confidence that something these big companies dreamed up in 6 months has been sufficiently tested and safe.

On 12/6/2020 at 2:26 PM, elizabeth09 said:

My only thing is that if people do not want the vaccination, why are they being force to do something that they do not what to do? 

Because you could spread the disease to others that may kill them.   It’s not all about you.  

23 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Because you could spread the disease to others that may kill them.   It’s not all about you.  

You could kill someone every time you get in a car to drive. You should walk 25 miles to work every day. It's not all about you.

1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

You can take a vaccine with much less inconvenience or effort than walking to work. 

No, I find walking to work to be much more "convenient" than making myself a guinea pig by injecting myself with an unknown, unproven substance rushed to the market by companies in search of massive financial gain.

15 hours ago, Peace said:

No, I find walking to work to be much more "convenient" than making myself a guinea pig by injecting myself with an unknown, unproven substance rushed to the market by companies in search of massive financial gain.

I don`t want to be the guinea pig as well, because a lot can go wrong.  

On 12/9/2020 at 1:36 PM, Peace said:

companies in search of massive financial gain.

Might be very true; however, if the vaccination works and attacks the crisis in an effective manner, I would welcome it (and they can have all the financial gain they desire :) ).  I will be having the vaccination as soon as available both for myself as a hoped for effective vaccination - and also as a guinea pig in the early stages for the sake of my fellow neighbour, especially but not only the disabled and/or elderly.

13 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Might be very true; however, if the vaccination works and attacks the crisis in an effective manner, I would welcome it (and they can have all the financial gain they desire :) ).  I will be having the vaccination as soon as available both for myself as a hoped for effective vaccination - and also as a guinea pig in the early stages for the sake of my fellow neighbour, especially but not only the disabled and/or elderly.

If you think it is safe go for it. I have no issues with that.