An Old School Catholic Message Board

Video Advent reflection from a consecrated virgin

Sponsa-Christi

Sponsa-Christi

Thank you for posting this. It is always uplifting to hear someone who is happy in her vocation but here was more. I found the CV's words about intimacy with Christ to be very helpful. I immediately recalled "who can separate us from the love of Christ?" Please share more of of such videos when they appear.

Besides her beautiful smile and eyes, what struck me was towards the end of the video and that poverty and silence, perhaps uncomfortable at first, is where we meet Jesus and where He chooses to meet us (i.e. in that inner poverty, or lack of clutter and inner emptiness, the silence)......all my paraphrasing.  It was very interesting too to read something of her journey to Consecrated Virginity - including through an article in Cosmopolitan magazine (of all things) about a CV in the USA, with whom she made contact.  Another reminder to me that The Holy Spirit is no snob and many are the means He uses.  Hence.....:Stay Awake! Watch! For you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of man comes." (Matthew Ch25)