An Old School Catholic Message Board

Traditional yet active female order?

Louise bernadette

Louise bernadette

Hello, I have been discerning religious life for a while and felt very called to a particular community which has a beautiful apostolate of evangelising the young and is a young community of sisters mostly in their 20s. After visiting, I had a lot of reservations because of the guitars as Mass, lack of some traditional elements, etc. I attend TLM daily but this is quite new for me. My ideal community would celebrate the TLM and have a strong spiritual life, but also a strong apostolate. The franciscan sisters of the immaculate would have been perfect. Also, I'm from Europe so dont love the idea of an exclusively american order.. any thoughts?

Edited by Louise bernadette

4 hours ago, truthfinder said:

Have you checked out the ICRSP sisters? Not sure how 'active' an apostolate you are looking for, but they definitely fit the bill on all your other criteria.

https://adoratrices.icrss.org/en/

I believe they categorize themselves as "non-enclosed contemplatives" but I do note they run seasonal activities for children.

St.JosephsRose

+JMJ+

Hello Louise!

I know you said you aren't particularly interested in any orders outside of Europe, but I thought I would still comment. I know these two orders very very well and they are extremely strong in tradition and their Charism.

This first is the Filiae Laboris Mariae Sisters in Minneapolis, MN: They are a Semi-Contemplative order. They do lean more towards contemplative but still have a strong active presence. They help out in the Co-op that their parish holds during the school year and hold various events for the youth and young adults. You can contact their Superior, Mother Maria Regina, by this number 612-353-6343 (they don't have an official website set up yet.)

The second is The Daughters of St. Elias in Cincinnati, Ohio: These Sisters are a group of Active Carmelites. I know that sounds a bit contradictory, but they were given special permission from the Pope to be active! They have a very well balanced (and busy) life. Their main apostolate is helping the poor and the youth at their Church. They are much like the Missionaries of Charity in the sense that they are in the heart of the City. They don't have an official website either, but they go have a Facebook page. 

https://m.facebook.com/CarmelitedaughtersofElias/

I hope this helps you some! God Bless!

Edited by St.JosephsRose

I have no recommendations - but, to assist others who may - do you have a special desire to work with evangelising children (referencing your initial post)?