An Old School Catholic Message Board

The resignation of Cardinal Robert Sarah

dUSt

1 hour ago, Anastasia said:

What really puts me off social media is its format which makes any deep discussion impossible. It is quite empty.

LJ I think does not fit into "social media category" with its long posts - but then I mostly read Russian-speaking bloggers whose posts are more like Dostoevsky.

As for Cardinal Sarah, I did not know much about him (only read some things he said I did not agree with) but after reading this Cardinal Sarah: “We must rebuild the cathedral … We do not need to invent a new Church” (again, do not agree with everything) all I can say that he is real and it is sad that the real person is no longer in Vatican. 

Yeah that was a cold speech. I haven't listened to much of him but I'll give him a read now.

Ash Wednesday
On 2/24/2021 at 3:59 AM, Anastasia said:

What really puts me off social media is its format which makes any deep discussion impossible. It is quite empty.

I concur. Catholic twitter I found completely horrifying. The things that supposedly faithful Catholics tweet towards clergy and even the Pope are totally disgusting -- not to mention the level of vitriol, mocking and bickering amongst each other. It makes even the worst I've seen on here look like a pillow fight. I would advise anyone to be very careful going there.

I've found that this phorum is probably one of the few places where I've been able to find discussing religion online even remotely tolerable. Offline is totally fine because we have voice and body language and people tend to be more charitable and use restraint, but online can get very, very dicey.

I've never seen the appeal of twitter. I would sometimes check it out, but always seemed like a cesspool/insane asylum when I did.