An Old School Catholic Message Board

2021 Entrances, Vows, Ordinations

Pax17

AveMariaPurissima
On 6/21/2021 at 8:47 PM, AveMariaPurissima said:

Sr. Mary Angelique of the Infant Jesus, PCC (Barhamsville, VA Poor Clares) made her solemn profession this past Saturday, June 19. :heart:

IMG_1409.JPG

http://pcheartponderings.blogspot.com/2021/06/the-deed-is-done.html

A couple follow-up posts from Sr. Angelique's profession:

SISTER ANGELIQUE'S UNIQUE REMEMBRANCE CARD

THE BEGINNING OF OUR SISTER ANGELIQUE'S REFLECTIONS ON HER SOLEMN PROFESSION

First profession of Sister Mary Magdalene of Jesus and Our Lady of Grace on July 24 at the Danvers Carmel. This Carmel has a novitiate almost exclusively of older vocations. Truly a hidden gem.227071999_4244707612241602_6013211481248224617054_4244707435574953_9010258654304

Thank you, I'll wait until they post new ones. I wonder how many of the young women stayed or are discerning elsewhere. We can only pray they find their path with God's help.

4 hours ago, debc said:

I wonder how many of the young women stayed or are discerning elsewhere. We can only pray they find their path with God's help.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:01 PM, AveMariaPurissima said:

Twelve new novices for the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist.

https://www.facebook.com/dsmme/posts/4371021856295167

12 went into novitiate. 

12 out of 18 is nice. When a sister from the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal in Vocations was interviewed, she said about 50% make it to final vows overall when they do studies and surveys on it. That seemed good considering it takes time to know if you are meant to be in that order or lifestyle. One of the Dominicans from Mother Mary of the Eucharist said her sister left after a few years and now is a mother of 4, but you never "lose" anything, you only gain knowledge.

Edited by debc

2 hours ago, catholicamama said:

9 new Postulants entered The Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist today including my daughter ❤️

Mazal tov!