Elysburg Carmel is no more...

PaxCordisJesu

Sorry for the dramatic title! In this case, it's good news!

I've just learned that the entire Elysburg Carmel in PA has moved into the Fairfield Carmel. I think the original plan in founding Fairfield was to send all the Sisters there because Elysburg's buildings weren't suitable any longer for a monastery. At some point, plans changed and it was decided that Fairfield was going to be its own foundation because of the number of vocations coming in.  Well, it looks like plans have changed again and Elysburg Carmel is no longer occupied. I wonder what's going to happen to the Elysburg Monastery...

profer_lumen_cæcis

+J.M.J.+

While it's not entirely shocking, it still comes as a *little* bit of a surprise :) May I ask where you learned this from? Blessed Holy Monday!

Edited by profer_lumen_cæcis
PaxCordisJesu

I checked. Yes it's the one I researched years ago! I thought they were very austere, with strict rules of observance etc. Of which I was attracted to! If I could turn back time, this community would have been my first inquiry!

• Like 1