An Old School Catholic Message Board

WOKE

little2add

On 2/9/2023 at 1:49 PM, Didacus said:

You ever get the feeling they are focusing on destroying something rather than building something good and new?

Or even just preserving something decent? 

famed children’s books are being scrubbed by so-called sensitivity experts to remove language they deem offensive, including “fat” or “ugly” characters — and making the beloved Oompa Loompas of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” gender neutral.

Augustus Gloop now ‘enormous’ instead of ‘fat’, Mrs Twit no longer ‘ugly’ and Oompa Loompas are gender neutral

8-B9-B324-B-4-EE5-4-B66-BF0-C-FFEB5-D695

In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the Oompa Loompas are now ‘small people’ instead of ‘small men’.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/18/childrens-author-roald-dahls-work-rewritten-by-sensitivity-experts/

1012-F607-7669-4-B14-A9-A1-70-C8483-FAB2

Does this revision make the original movie “R” rated ?

Why in the world would it be justified to turn the entire world upside down on account of not hurting the feelings of a few people?

The absurdities are beyond measure here.

I have to admit, saying or referring  to someone that they are fat is rude, my mother would use the word stocky to describe someone who is overweight.

it really does sound better! 

Edited by little2add

On 2/22/2023 at 4:33 AM, little2add said:

I have to admit, saying or referring  to someone that they are fat is rude, my mother would use the word stocky to describe someone who is overweight.

it really does sound better! 

So, let me get this straight:  it's only "woke" (and therefore, ridiculous) when other people find something offensive.  When you find something offensive (i.e. calling people fat), it's a matter of sensitivity or respect?