An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missing Old Phatmass Members

CS937

On 10/19/2021 at 4:23 PM, rachael said:

I see you weren't here in the old days then.

Tell us babies more about the days of yore :) What was Phatmass like then?

4 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

I miss Papist. 

:sad2:

Off topic question, but I'm going out on a limb here... are you a Lay Dominican? :) It would be cool knowing I'm not the only one here who is. 

dominicansoul
5 hours ago, CS937 said:

Off topic question, but I'm going out on a limb here... are you a Lay Dominican? :) It would be cool knowing I'm not the only one here who is. 

Yes!  Not fully professed, but getting there!  Praise God! 

16 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

Yes!  Not fully professed, but getting there!  Praise God! 

How exciting!! I'm a postulant right now, soon to be -please God- a novice :) If you don't mind me asking, what saint did you choose? I still haven't decided, but I'm thinking of St. Antoninus of Florence. 

dominicansoul
15 hours ago, CS937 said:

How exciting!! I'm a postulant right now, soon to be -please God- a novice :) If you don't mind me asking, what saint did you choose? I still haven't decided, but I'm thinking of St. Antoninus of Florence. 

In our province, we don't have to choose a Dominican.  I'm stuck between the Dominican Bl. Bartolo Longo and the Passionist St. Gemma Galgani...

(but I'm leaning more toward the Dominican) 

Thy Geekdom Come
On 10/25/2021 at 7:01 PM, CS937 said:

Tell us babies more about the days of yore :) What was Phatmass like then?

I joined in Spring 2004. Phatmass was hopping. Constant conversation from dozens of people. That was before social media took over, so forums were the main online place to socialize. Honestly wish they still were.

Met my wife on here. We weren't the first to get married, but we did have the first baby known to have been a result of two people meeting on Phatmass. He turns 13 this weekend and is in early-stage discernment for a priestly vocation.

Edited by Thy Geekdom Come

CS and DS, I need to learn more about 3rd order OP... Just unsure where to start. I've had it on my heart for a while now and would like to explore it but feel like I need to be in a steadier place in my life before discerning. 

On 10/27/2021 at 4:18 PM, cartermia said:

CS and DS, I need to learn more about 3rd order OP... Just unsure where to start. I've had it on my heart for a while now and would like to explore it but feel like I need to be in a steadier place in my life before discerning. 

Here's the link to the Lay Dominicans page for the Central Province of St. Albert the Great. I'm sure each of the other three US provinces have a page for their Lay Dominicans as well. Those would be a good place to start.   https://laity.opcentral.org/

I'm so old my memory is failing me, so maybe dUSt can fill in the holes.  I seem to recall joining the phorum around the time I became Catholic back in '97?  The site had a rebuild since then, so my joined date changed.  I'm still in touch, sometimes, with dUSt on Facebook, but haven't been around here much.