An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will you get the vaccine?

Monoxide

Will you get the vaccine?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I  am not going to take the vaccine in it's current form for several reasons:

I am not a test subject and more importantly neither are my children. The fact that there were no clinical trials done on pregnant women before pushing it is incredibly irresponsible, especially considering that one of the only decent anti-vax arguments is related to fertility. (They have since started trials). 

The political opportunism has turned me off considering the vaccine in this particular round. Power grab after power grab, destruction of the middle class and those with low self-esteem and direction getting given the bully stick to run rampant. It really has brought out the terrible part of human nature in some people. 

The virus also doesn't seem to be nearly as fatal as the powers that be want it to be. When the average age of death due to covid is higher than the average age of death of the general population what is the logical conclusion? 

I  think we've all been had. 

What do you think?

On 5/6/2021 at 4:25 PM, Monoxide said:

I  am not going to take the vaccine in it's current form for several reasons:

I am not a test subject and more importantly neither are my children. The fact that there were no clinical trials done on pregnant women before pushing it is incredibly irresponsible, especially considering that one of the only decent anti-vax arguments is related to fertility. (They have since started trials). 

The political opportunism has turned me off considering the vaccine in this particular round. Power grab after power grab, destruction of the middle class and those with low self-esteem and direction getting given the bully stick to run rampant. It really has brought out the terrible part of human nature in some people. 

The virus also doesn't seem to be nearly as fatal as the powers that be want it to be. When the average age of death due to covid is higher than the average age of death of the general population what is the logical conclusion? 

I  think we've all been had

What do you think?

w/ covid 19 infection waves thus far (pre mRNA vaccine development/approval) data tables I've looked at indicates has targeted mostly older weaker people

looking at the literature you'll see the spanish flu of 1918,...

Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

to grasp what medical experts fear is consider in 1918 (i.e. "the spanish flu")  a person could go from healthy to dead in 12 hours (watch the first minute or so of AMERICAN EXPERIENCE)

https://www.pbs.org/video/influenza-chapter-1-9h0khn/

something else to consider (Bacterial Pneumonia Caused Most Deaths in 1918 Influenza Pandemic)

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/bacterial-pneumonia-caused-most-deaths-1918-influenza-pandemic

anyway I'm not an MD but growing up since my mom started off in public health (and since nearest family are all MDs) from what I gather seems covid-19 in the grand scheme of things so far hasn't been as bad as the 1918 spanish flu 

as I see things,... the faster the whole world gets the existing vaccines the better,... this is because there is an ever present danger of virus mutations becoming more contagious/virulent

consider that in china (about a year ago) there was a paper that said the odds of someone becoming infected in a house hold where someone had covid-19 was about 20%,... I point this out because consider what happens if the virus mutation changes the odds of someone becoming infected in a house hold where someone had covid-19 mutation was about 40% (or greater)

looking at the math, IMHO we're not anywhere near the end of a long dark tunnel simply because most of the global population isn't going to get a vaccine by summer 2022,... and the danger many are not considering is antibiotic-resistant strains of staph bacteria may be spreading between pigs raised in factory farms (for example)

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/03/210305113455.htm

FWIW looking at the issue as a catholic,... "The Man that Lived by the River" is a parable of sorts that is applicable to the issue of the "covid-19 vaccine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm8wGxGz7O0

Not sure how i feel about the social pressures pushing it.... It feels more cultish than scientific. Sets off major red flags.

cruciatacara

I have been vaccinated. Glad I have, it makes me feel more protected. I am sorry for those who don't get vaccinated and then become carriers for the disease, even they never have symptoms - they are endangering so many others. But glad my family has all been vaccinated.

Norseman82

Is there an option for those who've already been vaccinated?  I honestly thought I would be among the last group (not 65+, not essential worker, no serious health conditions), but my ZIP code includes part of Chicago that the city opened up to vaccination of anyone 18 and over back in March.  

Edited by Norseman82

16 hours ago, cruciatacara said:

I have been vaccinated. Glad I have, it makes me feel more protected. I am sorry for those who don't get vaccinated and then become carriers for the disease, even they never have symptoms - they are endangering so many others. But glad my family has all been vaccinated.

You can still carry the disease, don't forget that! If you're worried about exposing people keep your precautions.

cruciatacara
4 hours ago, Monoxide said:

You can still carry the disease, don't forget that! If you're worried about exposing people keep your precautions.

Absolutely. Precautions are a good thing. but having the vaccine just makes the whole thing a bit safer, so I am very happy about having had it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in one of the clinical trials and got de-blinded the other day. Turns out I was fully vaccinated before both of my parents :hehe2:

I am grateful to be vaccinated, and to live in a county where more than 70% of the population over 18 is already fully vaccinated. Also, I teach at a university that is requiring vaccines for everyone (students, faculty, staff) as of June 1. SO grateful! 

I took the Moderna. For a while I had concerns about the safety aspect of the vaccine, being new technology. After I spent more time looking at the science and they way it was produced and tested I felt it was safe for me, so I decided to get it. The moral argument against the vaccine because of its remote connection to abortion I thought was weak-sauce.

On 5/11/2021 at 1:57 AM, clk said:

I am grateful for the vaccine

On 5/11/2021 at 11:03 AM, cruciatacara said:

I have been vaccinated. Glad I have, it makes me feel more protected.

On 5/28/2021 at 3:54 AM, Nunsuch said:

I am grateful to be vaccinated, and to live in a county where more than 70% of the population over 18 is already fully vaccinated. Also, I teach at a university that is requiring vaccines for everyone (students, faculty, staff) as of June 1. SO grateful! 

When I traveled to the US years ago and walked Manhattan, I was quite surprised to see the architecture identical to one called “Stalin style” and also the wall paintings which could not be distinguished form “the Soviet realism style”.

Now, reading the grateful voices quoted above I cannot help it but to recall the lines of a song singing by schoolchildren “We are so grateful to Comrade Stalin for our happy childhood” and also “we are so grateful to live in our country, the freest country in the world”.

On 5/11/2021 at 11:03 AM, cruciatacara said:

I am sorry for those who don't get vaccinated and then become carriers for the disease, even they never have symptoms - they are endangering so many others. But glad my family has all been vaccinated.

Sounds familiar as well. The first (soft, covered by feeling sorry for poor unenlightened) step towards creating "the enemies of people". The unconscious process of creating an external enemy out of own shadow always needs a delusion of some kind. If you believe that your vaccine makes you safe it is also logical to think that others who got the vaccine are safe as well (and probably as happy). Hence all vaccinated are "safe". The only people who (you think) are not safe are those who chose not to get a vaccine. Now, the most difficult point to grasp, for the indoctrinated: those who did not get a vaccine, for whatever reason, cannot harm those who did. Yet those who got the  vaccine can easily harm those who did not because getting the vaccine does not remove a possibility of carrying a virus and passing it on others. 

So, since those who get a vaccine can get a virus/can also carry the illness (plus, as some argue now, contribute to a creation of nastier variants) they do not like those who do not get a vaccine simply because they made a different choice which undermines their sense of safety and order, even if they do not wish to admit it. 

Edited by Anastasia

Anyone who thinks that a public health policy equates to Stalinism is simply living on a different planet from the vast majority of people. Every--and I mean every--reputable health and medical authority vouches for the safety and efficacy of the vaccine. Those who don't have literally zero credibility in the scientific/medical community (basically, they are conspiracists). 

Nothing else to say here. I remain grateful, not only for what the vaccine means for me, but for my community (which means the human race). Now I'm off to attend a Memorial Day picnic, which would not have been possible without all this.