An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will you get the vaccine?

Monoxide

Will you get the vaccine?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/23/2021 at 1:30 AM, Totally Franciscan said:

When the virus hit India, hospitals and doctors realized that it was impossible to care for the millions of people of India, so they gave every person a supply of Ivermectin and saved so many lives.  From my experience with my doctor and my research, the powers that be want you to take the "vaccine" and not something that will cure the virus easily and cheaply.  One wonders why this attitude.  Well, just follow the money.

Its good that you recognize "giving ivermectin" is not the same thing as "caring for" people.  India has, of course, stopped treating people with Ivermectin because it wasn't working.

You know what's cheaper than even Ivermectin?  Cow urine!  You know what a lot of Indians honestly think is a cure-all against viruses, bacteria and cancer?  Cow urine!

The powers that be are even trying to suppress the treatment!  Why oh why don't they want people to use this common sense medicine?

In conclusion, you should definitely go drink cow urine.

You know, since you've already got a taste for the alternative mediciene BS.

Edited by hakutaku

dominicansoul
On 10/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, Nunsuch said:

You do realize, don't you, that a drug company can't simply seek approval of an old drug under a new name--there are actual tests, documentation, etc., that go into a very rigorous approval process and these mechanisms are explicitly intended to uncover fraud. Full disclosure: my cousin used to be head of research at Merck. His accounts of the processes and standards are far removed from the imagined conspiracy you seem to be suggesting here. 

I have relatives that work for big pharma as well.  They are well off.  It’s a big money maker.  I am sure your cousin is a God fearing and ethical person, but who is in charge now?   Can you really guarantee Merck feels human life is more valuable than billion dollar gains?  I’m pretty skeptical about that…. This virus has made tons of money for a lot of people, just sayin’

On 10/24/2021 at 8:56 AM, hakutaku said:

Its good that you recognize "giving ivermectin" is not the same thing as "caring for" people.  India has, of course, stopped treating people with Ivermectin because it wasn't working.

You know what's cheaper than even Ivermectin?  Cow urine!  You know what a lot of Indians honestly think is a cure-all against viruses, bacteria and cancer?  Cow urine!

The powers that be are even trying to suppress the treatment!  Why oh why don't they want people to use this common sense medicine?

In conclusion, you should definitely go drink cow urine.

You know, since you've already got a taste for the alternative mediciene BS.

See this is the attitude I’ve been talking about.  Why mock people for using alternative medicine?  I for one am not anti vaccine, I actually got the jabs…but I don’t see anything wrong with sincere people looking for alternatives because their conscience bothers them.  Also, as it is with most media throughout the world you will find some reports downplaying ivermectin’s success in India while others play it up as a miracle cure.   The drug should be given a chance, and I’m happy some of the doctors in my area are using it.  They are not quacks either, well established respectable doctors  are prescribing it here… 

…it’s not like you’re being forced to take ivermectin, because forcing people to take drugs against their will is wrong… 

11 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

…it’s not like you’re being forced to take ivermectin, because forcing people to take drugs against their will is wrong… 

People treating themselves instead of getting vaccinated increases my risk of being exposed and contracting COVID.

People treating themselves instead of getting vaccinated increases the burden on health care systems, meaning timely care may not be available in an emergency.

The US death toll is over 750,000 now, why do you think its ok for people to keep playing games with public health?

19 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

See this is the attitude I’ve been talking about.  Why mock people for using alternative medicine?

Because it gets people killed, and the practitioners don't care about this fact.

21 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

This virus has made tons of money for a lot of people, just sayin’

So you'd be happier if medicine was socialized?

What is your evidence for the “tons of money” claim? And isn’t a laborer worthy of their hire? You’ll excuse me, but I’m really not into unsupported conspiracy theories. 

dominicansoul
Just now, hakutaku said:

People treating themselves instead of getting vaccinated increases my risk of being exposed and contracting COVID.

People treating themselves instead of getting vaccinated increases the burden on health care systems, meaning timely care may not be available in an emergency.

The US death toll is over 750,000 now, why do you think its ok for people to keep playing games with public health?

So you're guaranteeing if we all get vaccinated the virus would just disappear??? 

That kinda sounds the same as those who guarantee Ivermectin is a cure...and you mock those peeps... 

When you think about it, both sides of the debate have the same argument, it's just one side believes and trusts the medical institutions, the CDC and their government, while the other believes and trusts in their own judgment and anecdotal evidence. 

If you're vaccinated why are you worried about being exposed, don't you believe the vaccine works?  

I can't speak for the others, but if i wound up with a severe case of Covid (which I shouldn't because I'm vaccinated, but anyways) I'm not heading to the local hospital ER.  I've heard and witnessed and bore the sadness of hearing what happens to people who go there.   It's not good.  Most get intubated and intubation=death in a great majority of cases.  I'll be going to the clinics who give out the alternatives.  Like I said, anecdotal evidence proves it helps, and I trust what I've witnessed.  Too many relatives and friends have wound up at the ER and died.  :(  Lost a great many this year...  If the hospitals can't use the alternative medicines, then I'm not going there.  Perhaps that's not the national trend, but maybe that's because not every state offers the alternative clinics... Maybe they should, then ERs wouldn't be so clogged up...  Maybe that's even a better solution than forcing everybody to get vaxxed...  

6 minutes ago, Nunsuch said:

What is your evidence for the “tons of money” claim? And isn’t a laborer worthy of their hire? You’ll excuse me, but I’m really not into unsupported conspiracy theories. 

Well, all you have to do is research how much money these pharmaceutical giants make in one quarter.   We are all getting these vaccines for "free" but companies are getting paid to produce them, and they are making billions... 

Laborers sure are worthy of their hire, but unscrupulous laborers could use tricks of their trade to ensure they get the most profitable outcomes... sadly even at the expense of human life... 

1 minute ago, dominicansoul said:

So you're guaranteeing if we all get vaccinated the virus would just disappear???

What I just said was: "People treating themselves instead of getting vaccinated increases my risk of being exposed and contracting COVID."  I did not claim the risk would go to zero if people stopped treating themselves instead of getting vaccinated.

I think you're making my point for me though.  People with your level of reading comprehension are simply not in a position to be able to assess the evidence for alternative medicine.

7 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

When you think about it, both sides of the debate have the same argument, it's just one side believes and trusts the medical institutions, the CDC and their government, while the other believes and trusts in their own judgment and anecdotal evidence. 

"Judgement and anecdotal evidence" was the justification for old timey leeches and witch hunts.  Most of us now know better.  The rest deserve to be mocked.

9 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

If you're vaccinated why are you worried about being exposed, don't you believe the vaccine works?  

I believe seatbelts work, but I'm not about to tell people its ok to drive drunk. 

I believe the vaccine works, but you're the only one who doesn't understand that "working" isn't synonymous with "100% perfect protection no matter what."

13 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

I can't speak for the others, but if i wound up with a severe case of Covid (which I shouldn't because I'm vaccinated, but anyways) I'm not heading to the local hospital ER. 

If you have a severe enough case, you will be heading wherever the people around your unconscious body decide to take you.

There is a difference between coincidence and causation. 

Since 98+% of Covid deaths are among the unvaccinated, I think the evidence is pretty clear that vaccines work. Also, on my campus, where there are mandates for both vaccines and masks, there are currently 17 Covid cases out of 25,000 people. Far more persuasive to me than uncredentialed speculation on the internet. 

dominicansoul
6 minutes ago, Nunsuch said:

There is a difference between coincidence and causation. 

Since 98+% of Covid deaths are among the unvaccinated, I think the evidence is pretty clear that vaccines work. Also, on my campus, where there are mandates for both vaccines and masks, there are currently 17 Covid cases out of 25,000 people. Far more persuasive to me than uncredentialed speculation on the internet. 

I do agree with that, and my anecdotal evidence is just that, anecdotal.  But after  a close friend died of this virus that ravaged her, I decided I wanted to try the alternatives too. I don't want to go to the hospital like she did, I didn't like the care they gave her, to me it lacked so much.  I think had she been given a dose of ivermectin in a timely manner, she would still be alive.  That's how much I believe in it.  I'm not trying to force anyone to believe what I believe, I'm doing what I wish to do for myself.  I respect other's differing opinions on this.  Overall, I think people should do whatever they decide for themselves.  

31 minutes ago, hakutaku said:

What I just said was: "People treating themselves instead of getting vaccinated increases my risk of being exposed and contracting COVID."  I did not claim the risk would go to zero if people stopped treating themselves instead of getting vaccinated.

I think you're making my point for me though.  People with your level of reading comprehension are simply not in a position to be able to assess the evidence for alternative medicine.

"Judgement and anecdotal evidence" was the justification for old timey leeches and witch hunts.  Most of us now know better.  The rest deserve to be mocked.

I believe seatbelts work, but I'm not about to tell people its ok to drive drunk. 

I believe the vaccine works, but you're the only one who doesn't understand that "working" isn't synonymous with "100% perfect protection no matter what."

If you have a severe enough case, you will be heading wherever the people around your unconscious body decide to take you.

You don't seem to be able to argue your point without trying to speak down to others and insult them.   That's a big flag to me that you really are not interested in other's opinions, and it's disrespectful.  Your posts haven't convinced me you really know anything about the topic at hand, to be honest... 

As for being taken wherever my "unconscious" body will be taken, I don't imagine I'll ever be unconscious because #1 I'm vaccinated  #2, I'm being prescribed ivermectin as a prophylatic  by a doctor.  She's told me if I ever get Covid (which isn't likely), their clinic provides emergency care.  It's a little different than a hospital, because they have a protocol using alternative medications that seem to show promise and has worked in cases there at her clinic as well as throughout the world.  On top of these alternative medications is the medicine you might receive from a hospital, such as the infusions.  I feel more at ease thinking there is a place like this I can go to because I don't believe hospitals are well equipped to take on this disease.  Too many go in and come out in body bags, at least in my local hospital... 

Now if you drop dead from this virus because your neighbor never took the vaccine shot, it might be too late for you to receive an ivermectin shot... you might consider taking it as a prophylactic... 

31 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

You don't seem to be able to argue your point without trying to speak down to others and insult them. 

Have you checked the beam in your own eye, brother?

1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

Can you really guarantee Merck feels human life is more valuable than billion dollar gains?  I’m pretty skeptical about that….

dominicansoul
13 minutes ago, hakutaku said:

Have you checked the beam in your own eye, brother?

Lol, Merck would probably agree with me ;).  Besides I’m speculating about an entire industry, in this case Big Pharma,  not using elementary level insults to get my points across.  

I’ll probably block you cos you really don’t add anything to the debate at hand, just insult people for thinking different than you…  that’s you’re prerogative.  It’s mine to ignore your noise.  

42 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

Besides I’m speculating about an entire industry, in this case Big Pharma,  not using elementary level insults to get my points across.  

It does look like my points have gotten across though, since you've resorted to whining that I'm not being politically correct enough about alternative medicine.  That's not what would have happened if I tried to make dry boring arguments with dry boring science articles. 

The beam I'm talking about is this: why did you bother looking up alternative medicine in the first place?  You've already given the answer:

You knew some people who died from COVID in the hospital.  Instead of interpreting this as "wow, even the experts are having a hard time, this must be a serious disease that we should take seriously"  you decided "the experts are running an expensive scam, the amateurs drinking cheap cow urine must be right."

Ignoring the fact that the people running your cow urine clinic are also profiting from your business, you're basically impugning the motives of the entire medical community across the entire globe.

I'll ever be unconscious because #1 I'm vaccinated

Great, fantastic, good for you!  That is the socially responsible thing to do.

#2, I'm being prescribed ivermectin as a prophylatic  by a doctor.  She's told me if I ever get Covid (which isn't likely), their clinic provides emergency care.  It's a little different than a hospital, because they have a protocol using ~~alternative medications that seem to show promise~~ cow urine.

Aaaand this is the irresponsible thing to do.

Edited by hakutaku

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2021 at 9:36 AM, hakutaku said:

People treating themselves instead of getting vaccinated increases my risk of being exposed and contracting COVID

A look back on this claim proves it false 3 months later.  The CDC, WHO, and the Biden Administration have ALL agreed now that the vaccines never prevented transmission or infection, so what other people do never increased or decreased your risk of anything.

Science: 0
Cow-urine-drinkers: 1

Keep trusting science.

https://banned.video/watch?id=61e5c97eaf1fcf7b54e28a0a

People researched the phone number that this call was connected to as seen on the phone on the video and found it to be a hospital in Chichester, UK.  The doctor on the call is a representative of NHS.

This broke originally on Twitter, but this video is InfoWars finding it.  I don't normally go to InfoWars, as I think they DO promote some conspiracy theories that are probably nothing more than theories.  That being said, if this video is not a fake, there's even more reason to avoid the jabs.

The medical industry is NOT on your side.  Your personal doctor might be, but your doctor's medical sources are not.

Some months ago I posted a word document with some prayers on it.  Because people don't normally post docx documents here, it looked fishy and was dismissed as such.

For those of you who HAVE taken the shot, I just want to remind you that when things start getting scary over the next year, there IS a solution for you.  You need not be afraid.  Turn back to God.  Pray the Litany of the Precious Blood daily.  Ask Our Lord to let His Precious Blood wash over you to remove the effects of the poison that you took.  Trust in God.  Invoke the Divine Mercy.  Ask the Blessed Virgin to intercede for you.  Do all of this daily.  You might have to suffer, but if you turn away from the false god of "science" and turn back to Him, He will not abandon you.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to these threads, but will put my perspective here anyway:

At this point, those who caught the virus and have chosen to not be subsequently vaccinated have been completely vindicated by the year-long compilation of studies from every corner of the world. It turns out, in terms of natural immunity, that this virus and vaccine follow the same science we've known for decades: that natural immunity is more broadly acting (no possible scientific argument exists against this) and lasts longer (original argument against this has been utterly rejected as the vaccines efficacy grows shorter and shorter with every subsequent shot) than we were told. 

This isn't to say people should choose to go get infected instead of getting the vaccine. But what it does do is vindicate all COVID survivors who rejected the vaccine as completely unnecessary and were then subjected to public shaming and firing. There was never much of a robust scientific argument *for* vaccinating COVID survivors, and now there's absolutely none. They should be rehired and back-paid. And I'm not joking in the least. Complete sham that went against everything we knew about viral immunity and all who tried to stand up for actual science was written off as a MAGA conspiracist. 

In terms of people who are still unvaccinated... the benefits of the vaccine keep proving exaggerated or transient. The one exception seems to be the suppression of severe symptoms. That's a major benefit. But, when very large swaths of the public are at extremely low risk for severe symptoms anyway, mass vaccinations of low risk populations were never going to save many lives, especially when the vaccine has also been proven to not prevent catching or spreading. The reason a lot of studies show higher case rates among unvax is precisely because they're hit with more symptoms more quickly, so they get tested far more often. The number of silent spreaders among the vaccinated is what led to the worldwide outbreak of Delta strand. Delta acts too quickly to be spread effectively in large unvaccinated populations. Again, because symptoms cause interventions. Sick people, especially in an environment of hyper awareness of a virus, stay home. Who catches the virus then stays out in public? The people whose symptoms are suppressed with the vaccine. There are a ton of graphs from May - July showing Delta spiking *precisely* in countries with the highest vaccination rates. Delta used the vaccinated as the highway and put all unvaxxed on their backs as it sped by. 

In summary:

1. There is no evidence at all anymore that the vaccine is better than natural immunity, despite 12 months of insistence from a medico-political elite that thoroughly ignored all data coming out from all other corners of the world.

2. This was never a pandemic of the unvaccinated, even though they bore the brunt of the suffering. This was a viral pandemic that ran its natural course against which we were deceptively sold a not-very-effective vaccine. Time has proven that statement true despite 12 months of really bad science trying desperately to paint every picture as a win for the vaccine despite growing evidence that it was creating more problems than we were being told. And it was entirely predicted from Day 1 by hundreds of epidemiologists and virologists around the world.