An Old School Catholic Message Board

The COVID-19 Vaccines Are Evil (The Mediocrity Of Vatican Morality)

Maccabee

fides' Jack
On 5/10/2021 at 3:24 AM, Maccabee said:

Any vaccine that is associated with murder in its development is evil.  Every COVID-19 vaccine that is currently being pushed to the masses, has been derived from a murder in the process of its development.  

On 5/10/2021 at 5:09 PM, Luigi said:

I say, "Thank God there's someone on this board who knows more than the Pope and all the cardinals, bishops, and theologians combined, who can tell me the real and unvarnished truth."

Actually, Maccabee is saying exactly what the Pope and all the cardinals, bishops, and theologians combined have said since the beginning of all of this.  Their position is not that these vaccines aren't evil, in fact it's the opposite.  They fully accept the evil involved, but excuse it via the argument of "remote material cooperation".  Then they go even further to say that it's up to the individual to determine whether their own circumstances are enough to outweigh that evil.  

Furthermore, they then stipulate that there are conditions a Catholic must fulfill in order to accept these vaccines, including seeking other remedies, if there are any available, as well as making it known that you oppose the use of aborted fetuses in the making of or testing of vaccines.

THEN they go even further to add their opinions, the vast majority of which are pointing toward getting the vaccine (subject to the stipulations above).  In my opinion, the vast majority of them are wrong, for multiple reasons, not the least of which is pointed out by Maccabee.  As a practicing Catholic, I'm free to have that opinion.  

But don't make the mistake of saying that the Church sees these vaccines as having nothing wrong.  That's a false statement, if that is indeed what your sarcasm is implying.