An Old School Catholic Message Board

Positive Update on Father Corapi

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

I am not really familiar with the website below, so note that I am just posting it as a source, but I am familiar with Jesse Romero, he is a pretty well known layman so I think it's credible.

"Father Corapi had reconciled with his order. He’s living the life of a monk in a monastery...He will never speak in public again—by his choice and his superior’s choice as well."

I know Father Corapi was a very popular priest on here and had some issues with his order and a situation that caused many to be concerned a while back, so I thought I would pass this along. He is getting advanced in years and the source notes that he has medical issues these days, so continue to pray for him and all our priests.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/abbott/210505

Lilllabettt

Wonderful news. I had a feeling this would happen.  Addiction is relapsing and remitting and people come to their senses. 

Good news, thank you for sharing :) It does seem to me that some form of persecution is seemingly almost a mark of discipleship of Jesus.  Certainly, persecution is almost the common denominator of our saints.

We had a priest in my previous parish.  I had known him from another parish.  He was a great priest in Mass celebration and homilies - and great in the Confessional too.  The pillars of the parish in my previous parish complained, to the boss in the archdiocese, that he was too friendly with children apparently and the Archbishop abruptly transferred him to another parish on the other side of the city - and he is still an active parish priest, with no other accusations against him to my knowledge.  All that all of that proved as far as I was concerned, is the the pillars of my previous parish ran the parish and right up to the top in our archdiocese. :(