An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is there anything that would make you leave the Church?

Polak

islandanchoress

Walking away from the church is OK for many as long as we do not walk away from Jesus, My faith is deeper and fuller for not being  involved with the church now; in total  needful isolation  - covid -  as many anchoresses have been and closer to Jesus than ever.  

On 6/22/2021 at 4:22 AM, islandanchoress said:

Walking away from the church is OK for many as long as we do not walk away from Jesus, My faith is deeper and fuller for not being  involved with the church now; in total  needful isolation  - covid -  as many anchoresses have been and closer to Jesus than ever.  

Perhaps. Are you going to Mass and participating the other sacraments, or have you walked away from those too? There might be something said for withdrawing from secular life for a bit, going to the desert or what have you, but I don't think it would extend so far as willfully missing Mass and things like that.

If a person has knowledge of the truth I don't think he can completely walk away from the Church and claim to have a deep relationship with our Lord, as he is the head of the Church.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:43 PM, Lilllabettt said:

No it was for Grace

Ask me a question Lillabettt. I crave the attention.

On 6/12/2021 at 12:43 PM, Ash Wednesday said:

I can't say I could ever see the Church condoning abortion or gay marriage or ever doing that kind of about face. I do see a lot of weaponized ambiguity (to borrow from the trads) and a lot of clergy or bishops that look the other way or even encourage things that are flat out wrong. And as far as the corrupt mess among the people that run the institution, nothing is new under the sun to me about that. My faith is in Christ, not men. I endured years of bad sermons, ugly churches, corruption and embarrassment for the sake of the only things that matter: the sacraments.

The Church is still the Bride of Christ and barring my own failings, I won't leave and hope to die a Catholic in a state of grace. 

Whenever I think of this, the idea of leaving the church, I always remember a lyric from the first phatmass compilation: "I'll rock the Church even if nobody's with me."

I will never leave the Church.

I will seek to purify myself and those within my sphere of influence so that we may stay faithful.