An Old School Catholic Message Board

Renaming women “birthing people“

little2add

ReasonableFaith
22 minutes ago, little2add said:

Address someone as a dreamer is under certain  circumstances, is insulting and demeaning

The address to those attending a fireworks show at an imaginary, fantasy theme-park is not such a ‘certain circumstance.’  Some are willing to perform these extreme logical and semantic gymnastics to support their manufactures social outrage. Perhaps it can be considered a hobby of sorts?

26 minutes ago, little2add said:

Laugh or make fun of my fuddy-dutty way of thinking.

No permission was required from a relatively anonymous internet person, but it is a very generous offer which shall be considered. 

Given the time constraints, park occupancy limitations, and general probability it is quite unlikely any posters here has allowed their Disney theme park visit to be ruined by the new greeting.  (Sometimes critical reading skills can come in handy.) But hearty congratulations to anyone who wishes to self-identify as a fuddy dutty; more power to them.  

If you have a pronoun for a birthing person, then shouldn't you have a pronoun the pre-born baby.

How about: "new yet-to-be born"?

It sounds better than fetus and is non-binary too.  

You know what would be a good non binary name for a “birthing person” that is less Confusing and/or derogatory?

PARENT

like , if you agree 

Edited by little2add

Those who take offense to such terms as 'mother' have every right to do so, but no right to impose their world views on others.

I for one will not accomodate their perceived realities and refuse to allow them to change my own.

KnightofChrist

Birthing people, a term one would expect to find in the nightmare world of some trashy post-apocalyptic novel.

It is a term that is dehumanizing for the child and the mother. 

The world is mad. 

10 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Birthing people, a term one would expect to find in the nightmare world of some trashy post-apocalyptic novel.

It is a term that is dehumanizing for the child and the mother. 

The world is mad. 

Amen, brother Amen

eustace-scrubb2

This is an absolutely bizarre term.  People can call someone whatever they want, it's a free country and I don't care.  But I don't have to take them seriously.