Discerning a Carmelite Vocation

PetiteFleur

+ Praised be Jesus Christ!

This is my first time posting on Phatmass so here it goes! I'm currently waiting to hear back from the Carmel of St. Joseph in St. Agatha, Ontario about my application for aspirancy! If I'm accepted, I could be going for a live-in as soon as September. Please pray for me that God's will be done. Anyways, I've been discerning for a few years now and since I started discerning a vocation to Carmel, I have found the plethora of Phatmass threads so helpful. I'm so thankful for all those who have shared their experiences and knowledge, as it has been so helpful in my own discernment. If anyone has any advice or tips they would like to share, or if anyone knows more about this Carmel that would be fantastic. I have such a peace and joy but I'm also really nervous!

Deo Gratias!

I've visited there before with a parish group, beautiful convent and grounds. I actually live nearby and never expected to see it mentioned in the internet, small world eh?

I'll pray God gives you clarity in regards to your vocation.

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:48 PM, PetiteFleur said:

I have such a peace and joy but I'm also really nervous!

A very, very normal state to be in! - not only now, but in the months ahead. 

Prayers for you, as you seek to discover how God wants you to respond to his love for you and our world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1