An Old School Catholic Message Board

Priesthood Or Religouse Life

KnightoftheRosary

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

mind control makes me think of hypnotism... you know in the cheesy movies where the bad guy hypnotized everyone to do his bad stuff and the hero doesn't get why his good friends have suddenly turned evil...

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 12 2004, 01:47 AM'] mind control makes me think of hypnotism... you know in the cheesy movies where the bad guy hypnotized everyone to do his bad stuff and the hero doesn't get why his good friends have suddenly turned evil... [/quote]
I cant remember exactly what they call it..lol.

MarieCecilia

I personally don't think that dating is a good thing unless you are sure the vocation God meant for you is marriage. I think that if you do have a vocation to the priesthood or religous life you could confuse that by your feelings for some one. I know that even if you are good friends with someone but there is something else there that can confuse your vocation. Especially if you person you are dating is special to you. I don't think it is a good idea because sometimes we tend to follow our emotions and not God's will.

Edited by MarieCecilia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything has to be taken to prayer. If you're discerning a vocation to the priesthood or religious life, I would really recommend stearing clear of dating relationships. I've been in serious discernment for awhile, and the more I avoid dating situations, the more freedom I feel. It allows you to offer God a whole and undivided heart with which to hear His voice.

Dating for me is bad i dont know why it just never works out ... so i figured i was called more to something else ..... than i went on this retreat and i was like this is it religious life i want to marry the church and my the only girl i want in my life is MARY

Spiritual_Arsonist

I know there is a lot being said on dating for those with a vocation to the religous life and/or priesthood. You MUST have the guidance of a priest or spiritual director. Blanket statements such as "dating is never a good thing while discerning" is not a good idea. You must go beyond yourself and seek direction. Everyone is not going to be the same. Prayer and communication are key factors.

Yes well put u do need a spiritual director mine is a Franciscan preist in New Mexico and hes the best ever ..... but all in seriousness u do need one... good thinking Spiritual_Arsonist

voiciblanche

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Oct 7 2004, 02:32 AM'] I wish I could find a spiritual director... the closest thing I have is my youth minister... [/quote]
Same here. :(