An Old School Catholic Message Board

fides' Jack's Mega Anti-Vax Thread

fides' Jack

13 hours ago, Winchester said:

That's like telling Tesla he need to invent less stuff.

Cars don't have genders, and they certainly can't invent things.

3 hours ago, Papist said:

So you want me to get vaccinated in order to protect the vaccinated?

o-rly.gif

There's a way in which that argument makes sense. The vaccinated can still be infected and can develop Covid-19. The chance of developing serious C-19  from a SARS-COV-2 infection is greatly lessened by vaccination, but not entirely erased for those with comorbidities. The vaccinated can also transmit the virus, but apparently for a smaller period of time. So there is a benefit.

Now, I'm of the opinion that you can never demand others take a risk in order to protect you. Is it good if they do? Yes. But there is a risk with the vaccine. It's not equal among every cohort. The risk for mycarditis, for instance really does seem to be higher for young men. Now, it might be that SARS-COV-2 infection carries an even greater risk (in fact, I think there's evidence that this is the case). but I'm not sure how people calculate those risks.

I honestly don't see much devotion in the mainstream to rationally discovering the real risks of SARS-COV-2, which pushes the discussion to the fringe, which makes it difficult to sift through the noise of junk science.

Yes, I believe getting vaccinated can protect others who are vaccinated. To what degree I'm not sure.

Edited by Winchester

Canada is moving full force with Covid 'passports' and essentially creating a second class of citizens who do not agree with the narrative.

Long live freedom.

LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY!

4 minutes ago, Didacus said:

Canada is moving full force with Covid 'passports' and essentially creating a second class of citizens who do not agree with the narrative.

Long live freedom.

LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY!

Well, if you believe in democracy, note that about 60% of the US population approves of vaccine mandates. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-09-14/three-in-five-americans-support-bidens-new-vaccine-mandates-poll-says

KnightofChrist

Democracies nearly always end up being ruled by tyrants. Who the people, at first, often support by voting away their freedoms. 

I could probably pull a poll showing wide support of the Patriot Act before it became law. And all it would show is that 60% of Americans were brain dead cows.

KnightofChrist

Per the Milgram Experiment, under the influence of an authorized leader 65% of people would repeatedly shock someone else with 450 volts. 

19 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

Democracies nearly always end up being ruled by tyrants. Who the people, at first, often support by voting away their freedoms. 

I could probably pull a poll showing wide support of the Patriot Act before it became law. And all it would show is that 60% of Americans were brain dead cows.

They will know they are Christians by their love....