An Old School Catholic Message Board

How many Covid vaccines will you get?

ardillacid

How many Covid vaccines will you get?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/24/2021 at 5:31 AM, rosamundi said:

I get a flu jab every year, I don't see why this should be any different.

Yep. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere. A yearly Covid shot will be the new thing. The anti-vaxxers will just keep dying off. 

It's funny to think about the government conspiracy theories. IF the world powers created the Covid virus for population control, then told everyone to get vaccines, WHY in the world would they try to control the population of the people who listen to them (aka, the "sheeple"). They'd be controlling the wrong group of people. All that would be left is the anti-government folks. Terrible strategy. They want the people who listen to the government to stay alive, so the vaccine is meant to save those people while killing off the anti-government faction.

Ironic right? LOL

1 hour ago, dUSt said:

Yep. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere. A yearly Covid shot will be the new thing. The anti-vaxxers will just keep dying off. 

It's funny to think about the government conspiracy theories. IF the world powers created the Covid virus for population control, then told everyone to get vaccines, WHY in the world would they try to control the population of the people who listen to them (aka, the "sheeple"). They'd be controlling the wrong group of people. All that would be left is the anti-government folks. Terrible strategy. They want the people who listen to the government to stay alive, so the vaccine is meant to save those people while killing off the anti-government faction.

Ironic right? LOL

The real real scheme is that there are very few deaths or illnesses from Covid.   Right now,   it’s a fake panic to get all the loyal followers to get the antidote shot now.  
Next election year they are releasing the real virus, will call it a new variant, and kill off the right wing anti-vaxers.  
It’s true. I read it on the deep web and would have posted the meme, but I don’t want to become a target. 

4 hours ago, Anomaly said:

The real real scheme is that there are very few deaths or illnesses from Covid.   Right now,   it’s a fake panic to get all the loyal followers to get the antidote shot now.  

You'll first have to explain a few things.  In my 60 year on this planet, there has never been a situation where our local hospitals have been so pushed to the limit of their capacity of ICU beds and ventilation equipment and desperate measures to keep covid patients alive.  Do you believe that what I've seen is true or that it's all an illusion being perpetrated by the doctors and nurses around the world? 

On 8/24/2021 at 6:31 AM, rosamundi said:

I get a flu jab every year, I don't see why this should be any different.

Really makes you wish you had bought some Moderna stock at the start of this, huh? Could've retired. 

image.png.a24ff329576971ce287a624a158f10ee.png

50 minutes ago, ardillacid said:

Really makes you wish you had bought some Moderna stock at the start of this, huh? Could've retired. 

Parts of my pension investment and my non-pension investment portfolio are in healthcare firms, but it's not heavily weighted to that sector. I'd need to re-read the investment documents to see if Moderna is included in the funds I'm invested in.

FWIW, my jabs are Johnson & Johnson, I'm in the two-dose clinical trial in the UK.

Many shots need boosters or yearly, flu, etc. Just got tetanus booster. If it keeps me safe and my family I will.

I read about a woman who was so afraid from a lot of "fake news" or half truths and didn't get vaccine. She lived in a state with very high number of cases. She was a young mother and died. Would she have anyway? I don't know but if fear keeps people from saving themselves from death, it's sad. I understand fear and anxiety well but this has become a tragedy on so many levels.

Edited by debc

On 8/25/2021 at 12:32 PM, Anomaly said:

Next election year they are releasing the real virus, will call it a new variant, and kill off the right wing anti-vaxers.  
It’s true. I read it on the deep web and would have posted the meme, but I don’t want to become a target. 

Exactly. They are vaxxing all the sheeple and will kill off all the too cool for school Fonzies with the next variant.

11 hours ago, dUSt said:

Exactly. They are vaxxing all the sheeple and will kill off all the too cool for school Fonzies with the next variant.

And you know what we will do, the day AFTER tomorrow, Brain?

And I almost chortle at the Fonzies who’ve decided it bootleg vet treatments instead of the free monoclonal infusions. 

Edited by Anomaly

On 8/25/2021 at 9:44 AM, dUSt said:

A study out of Israel today showed that those with natural immunity have 13 times higher ability to fight the new variants.  So no, it's quite the opposite.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:44 AM, dUSt said:

I know some people who are far more into "conspiracy theories" than I am, and none of them think that the "covid" virus was created for population control, because none of them believe it to be terribly serious.  If anything, it's more about determining who can be controlled, which it did a marvelous job of.

Personally, I don't buy into a lot of the crazy ideas about politics and governments...  My take is almost entirely spiritual.  And it's absolutely clear why the devil would want to do these things.  

Edited by fides' Jack
clarification

ReasonableFaith
12 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

A study out of Israel today showed that those with natural immunity have 13 times higher ability to fight the new variants.  So no, it's quite the opposite.

Why not provide a link to the non-peer reviewed pre-print hosted by a data base which has the following caution on the top of the homepage:

‘Caution: Preprints are preliminary reports of work that have not been certified by peer review. They should not be relied on to guide clinical practice or health-related behavior and should not be reported in news media as established information.’

Why leave out the information the authors actually concluded natural infection PLUS vaccination offered the highest level of protection from infection among the categories they examined?

There are many details about the study which are interesting.  It’s an interested  read.

Edited by ReasonableFaith
Clarification

• 2 weeks later...