An Old School Catholic Message Board

How many Covid vaccines will you get?

ardillacid

How many Covid vaccines will you get?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/25/2021 at 10:32 AM, Anomaly said:

The real real scheme is that there are very few deaths or illnesses from Covid.   Right now,   it’s a fake panic to get all the loyal followers to get the antidote shot now.  
Next election year they are releasing the real virus, will call it a new variant, and kill off the right wing anti-vaxers.  
It’s true. I read it on the deep web and would have posted the meme, but I don’t want to become a target. 

It really depends where you are. Some risk falsely labeling as Covid, some have legit overflow of Covid/Covid-triggered death. One of the big mistakes we make is thinking that large areas are the same throughout.

• 5 months later...

If it was not for the threat to my livelyhood I probably wouldn't of had a single shot myself...

Hmmm... maybe I said that already?

Officials defend swift  authorization

On Wednesday, FDA officials defended their swift emergency use authorization of the updated Covid vaccine booster. Pfizer and Moderna submitted for authorization last week.

"The public can rest assured that a great deal of care has been taken by the FDA to ensure that these updated boosters meet our rigorous safety, effectiveness and manufacturing quality standards for emergency use authorization," Marks said.

The agency has authorized these boosters after studies in mice, but ahead of the results of clinical trials in humans.

🤧

Other totally unrelated news today:

US life expectancy lowest in decades after dropping nearly a full year in 2021

After a historic drop in 2020, life expectancy in the United States took another significant hit in 2021. 

According to provisional data published Wednesday by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, life expectancy at birth dropped by nearly a year between 2020 and 2021 – and by more than two and a half years overall since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic. 

Life expectancy at birth fell to 76.1 years, the lowest it has been in the US since 1996, and the biggest 2-year decline in a century.

On 9/1/2022 at 5:26 AM, little2add said:

The agency has authorized these boosters after studies in mice, but ahead of the results of clinical trials in humans.

🤧

Flu vaccines are updated every year without human trials. Your scare tactics are not rooted in actual science.

@little2add,  you can laugh, but you clearly don't know science. And you obviously don't have an actual answer. Fortunately, there are people who do. And I listen to them with respect. [I don't know much science, either--but I know how to listen to those who do.]

The authorize of the latest vaccine without new clinical trial data is part of a bold and potentially controversial gambit by the U.S. 

Skipping clinical trials is rather unscientific and risky.  

For the first time, the FDA is planning to base its decision about whether to authorize new boosters on studies involving mice instead of humans.

"For the FDA to rely on mouse data is just bizarre, in my opinion," says John Moore, an immunologist at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York. "Mouse data are not going to be predictive in any way of what you would see in humans."

scientific.jpg

57 minutes ago, little2add said:

obvious 

And what are your science credentials? Do you, for example, know what strategic competence is? I have that, but apparently you do not. I also have a doctorate, and several college-level science courses. You, apparently, have the capacity to locate self-confirming websites with no scientific credibility. How unpersuasive--and embarrassing. 

What is obvious is your utter unwillingness to respect or even identify actual expertise. So what leads you to believe that my acknowledgement of what I turn to experts to learn about suggests a lack of education? Enough. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 10:29 AM, Nunsuch said:

Flu vaccines are updated every year without human trials. Your scare tactics are not rooted in actual science.

And people who accept flu vaccines are just as nutty as those who accepted the covid shots.

Actual science, were it concerned with actual health and safety, would not allow for that.

On 9/3/2022 at 3:50 PM, Nunsuch said:

I have that, but apparently you do not. I also have a doctorate, and several college-level science courses.

You also seem to have a lot of pride.

"Education is what remains when what has been learned has been forgotten."

What you have is a very expensive self-pat on the back.

On 9/3/2022 at 3:50 PM, Nunsuch said:

What is obvious is your utter unwillingness to respect or even identify actual expertise.

No actual expertise is beyond doubt.  Experts are still human.  And currently, "science" doesn't agree on almost anything.  Especially regarding shots - if a single "scientist" can lose his credibility by doubting (let alone thousands of times over), then it's not science at all, and what is put forward as "science" ought to be doubted.

Edited by fides' Jack

Hey, who should I believe on this? Anonymous ranters on the internet, or my board certified oncologist and internist? SUCH a hard call! 

Edited by Nunsuch
Typo