An Old School Catholic Message Board

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Ash Wednesday

I've gotten into disagreement with my husband whether it is worth the money re-painting the hood of my car. Maybe adding a firebird could be a compromise. I would point out that you can't really identify it as "Trans"...it's actually still a Honda.

6831de43123c94c7a87103eb40bdf14e.jpg

2 hours ago, Ash Wednesday said:

I've gotten into disagreement with my husband whether it is worth the money re-painting the hood of my car. Maybe adding a firebird could be a compromise. I would point out that you can't really identify it as "Trans"...it's actually still a Honda.

6831de43123c94c7a87103eb40bdf14e.jpg

Worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 10:32 AM, Ash Wednesday said:

I just needed a randomness thread here on PhatPandemicMass. It's basically my 2.0 for my 2020 thoughts thread only it's not 2020 anymore. I just traveled to my dad's funeral and I don't recommend international pandemic travel. 0 out of 5 stars, would not try again if at all possible. Five people in my family have died in the past 9 months and I've had enough. Though I should know better than to tell God I've had enough, so I don't really mean that. If you need a mental break, this is the thread for it.

So here is a Bob Ross 1 hour special on the Grandeur of Summer

Ash, I am very sorry indeed to read that you lost your Dad back in late August this year and five members of your family in a 9 month span of time.  Goodness that IS a very heavy burden to bear !  I am hoping that time, in The Lord, has or will take away the worst of the grief.

I haven't watched your video as yet, but I will.

• 2 weeks later...
Ash Wednesday
On 11/11/2021 at 10:27 AM, BarbaraTherese said:

Ash, I am very sorry indeed to read that you lost your Dad back in late August this year and five members of your family in a 9 month span of time.  Goodness that IS a very heavy burden to bear !  I am hoping that time, in The Lord, has or will take away the worst of the grief.

I haven't watched your video as yet, but I will.

Your kind words are much appreciated. Grief is a strange thing, and has been manifesting in very strange ways -- more often than not, anger and anxiety about things not directly related to death at all. Or this underlying sense of restlessness knowing that it's following me through the week like a giant whale hovering under a boat. Every now and then it comes to the surface and I'm able to see it for what it is.

I've not really been in the right frame of mind to engage with people a lot online. Even if I see someone post something wrong, annoying or stupid. I just don't have the intellectual or emotional energy to engage with people as much as I normally would. 

"Hmm... someone is wrong on the internet. But I may go down an angry and overly emotional rabbit hole if I respond. What should I do?"

its-time-to-stop-posting-cats-paw-on-hum