An Old School Catholic Message Board

Antivax voices being silenced by covid

Mercedes

On 10/3/2021 at 9:18 PM, hakutaku said:

Right there where you indicated it shouldn't be a problem to just pick one.  Its not a problem that I picked the China one, right?

I was referring to your delay in answering.

I didn't say it was problem, I asked questions about your choice.

5 hours ago, little2add said:

don't believe everything you see on the internet.

:lol3:

Are you talking about my link?  The story was reported in the local news of Fredericksburg, Virginia.  The town has less than 30,000 residents.  They aren't likely to get away with reporting fake news in that demographic.  It's all true.

https://fredericksburg.com/news/local/stafford-couple-die-of-covid-two-weeks-apart-leaving-behind-five-children/article_de671fcf-b32e-5ae1-a9d0-c2e26d64c5ff.html

16 hours ago, Mercedes said:

Yeah, if you have diabetes, you should consider getting vaccinated.

Even so, there will always be outliers. There will be truly healthy, young people who die from Covid-19. It will happen. Vaccination looks to be reliable in reducing the risk.

People in their late 40's should probably be taking some kind of action to improve their chances. Their odds are still great, though, even without vaccination.

The number one thing people should be doing is getting in shape, though. 

On 10/30/2021 at 7:19 PM, Winchester said:

I was referring to your delay in answering.

I didn't say it was problem, I asked questions about your choice.

Great!  So now that all your followups are done, we can agree that a CFR of 17% is pretty deadly, right?  Its up there with things like Legionnaires' disease.

Edited by hakutaku

On 10/31/2021 at 5:03 PM, hakutaku said:

Great!  So now that all your followups are done, we can agree that a CFR of 17% is pretty deadly, right?  Its up there with things like Legionnaires' disease.

Except that's a CFR from the beginning of the outbreak in China. I'm not in China, and the CFR isn't 17, anymore, even there.

So why pick the CFR for China at the beginning of the outbreak? Why not use the current global CFR? Do you live in China? Do you live in China in the early part of 2020? Are we having some kind of time travel event? You should move to 2021 China ASAP, since the CFR is now 4.4

The CFR in my country is about 1.6

In Yemen, it's nearly 20. Yemen has been suffering a blockade aided by the terrorist US government since 2015. Children were starving to death and dying of cholera. It is probably not the best choice in deciding how to handle covid-19 in a country like mine, where, as I said, the CFR is 1.6. I believe outliers in the other direction, say, Bhutan, where it's ,1, might give people an artificial sense of security.

Probably best to go with your age cohort to determine your risk. And account for any health problems that may make you more vulnerable to developing a serious case of Covid-19 from a SARS-COV-2 infection.

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2021 at 9:28 AM, Winchester said:

Vaccination looks to be reliable in reducing the risk.

It did.  Not anymore.

In the last couple months since you posted this, the CDC has outright admitted that it doesn't reduce the risk of getting it, and that natural immunity is better.

On 10/31/2021 at 9:28 AM, Winchester said:

The number one thing people should be doing is getting in shape, though. 

Unless they plan to get the vaccine.  Too many very fit people dying of the vaccine...