An Old School Catholic Message Board

Without me, Phatmass would be called "Catholic Talk Place"

Winchester

I met DusT in 1986 at a Dallas Cowboy's game. He was a toilet attendant, and he was replacing stale urinal cakes in the pee trough. It was halftime, so no one else was in the bathroom, because at Cowboy's games, the best part is halftime. Even when there's no show. People would literally rather stare at the empty field.

I went to the far end of the trough. dUSt was laughing to himself. I asked him why. "These urinal cakes, in addition to tasting funny, can't be pronounced." He showed me the packaging "Pahumes Pahighter?"

The label said "Phumes Phiter "

"That's pronounced the same way as an "F".

He was floored. I didn't think anything of it until years later when I saw this website.

You're welcome, DuSt.

Were they getting killed by the Chicago Bears? It was 1986 after all.

I just looked it up. The Bears and the Cowboys played in London that year. My mind is absolutely blown because this explains everything. Yes, many would rather eat urinal cakes than British food, but it's actually not that bad if you look. Though the ethnic food probably is better. 

2 hours ago, Ash Wednesday said:

Were they getting killed by the Chicago Bears? It was 1986 after all.

I just looked it up. The Bears and the Cowboys played in London that year. My mind is absolutely blown because this explains everything. Yes, many would rather eat urinal cakes than British food, but it's actually not that bad if you look. Though the ethnic food probably is better. 

Fish and chips and pasties are pretty great.

I remember that year I worked in London and met Winchester at that game. I believe that was the time we went golfing together and Winchester made a big deal about what I packed in my golf bag. Apparently, he’s a minimalist when it comes to golfing. He only takes the odd numbered clubs (1w, 3w, 5i, 7i, and 9i). Doesn’t even need a pitching wedge apparently, and putts with his driver. Yeah. He was giving me a real hard time that day. He also rambled a lot with big words, never getting to the point. So, it was around hole 7 where he noticed what I believed was a fairly common thing to have in my golf bag. I distinctly remember the quizzical look on his face after he took a chug of his Stella Artois. He casually put his hand on an old pine tree (this was right after losing his ball in the thicket—good golly we must have searched for that stupid ball for 30 minutes. It was funny, because right after he took a drop and the penalty, we ended up finding his original ball just a few feet—errr, meters—away). Yeah, so Winchester turns to me and asks, “why in the world do you have an extra pair of socks in your golf bag!?”. I explained it was just in case I got a hole in one. 

#ripnormmacdonald

KnightofChrist
2 hours ago, Didacus said:

Dallas Cowboys?  Is basketball that popular in the US?

They're the sports persons that get no goal points.

• 4 weeks later...